Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the void~

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Into the void~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Into the void~

Post by Felix Leonis Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 pm

With a flash, the pokeball opened and revealed quite a healthy looking Bulbasaur. the Absol on the other hand looked at the plant type pokémon with quite some disdain, wondering what on earth the humans were up to.

"Don't be scared lass," The pokébreeder at eve's side calmly tried to make sure she wouldn't buckle under stress. "Just the basic stuff for now. Think and choose between tackle and growl, that's all this guy knows so far, but he's got something special up his sleeve."

To prove his point, warrod petted his Leafeon and seemed to whisper something in its tiny ears, after which it let out a loud call, with a flash of light suddenly dispersing the clouds, even to the absol's surprise. The bulbasaur though, seemed to absorb this new harsh sunlight, smiling rather confidently. "Go on lass, make your dreams come true"
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 am

Eve gulped as she sized up the two opponents. She had handled Bulbasaur's before, though they were rare and hence a privilege, and she knew the baby Grass types to be damp and squishy. She shuddered at the sight of the Absol's hardened claws; doubtless her foe was no stranger to fighting. Dark types were...well, dark, by nature, and most likely to pick a fight. Kindred spirit did not immediately flash forth to recognize that which stood before her. All Eve saw was a lethal blade.

Her hand brushed past her thigh, and taking the opportunity, pinched herself hard, and grinned as she stifled a hiss of pain. She had often fought with Pokemon, for that was what one was taught in school - at least her school, which was one of the better ones. She had been younger then, and she had never seen herself, in her older days, lose her head over attempting the capture of an Absol. She would not fail now.

Suddenly from overhead, the sun burst through the clouds, lilting and welcoming warm sunshine beating down on Eve's closed lids, as she took a moment to compose herself. She noted the Disaster Pokemon had not moved a single muscle yet, and she marveled at it's poise and clarity of mind. It was robbing her of her mind; every time she attempted to face and stare down the Absol, so far she felt the world swirl and disappear in a blank flash. But this time she locked her green gaze with his red one, and she was not the one to look aside.

Not noticing the borrowed Bulbasaur soaking in the plentiful light so far, as her senses returned to normal and even sharpened, she took a second moment - she knew she was playing a risk by delaying the first strike so much, but she doubted the locomotory powers of the squat-limbed Bulbasaur against the slender, mountain-dwelling Dark type - to note how the Absol's spotless white fur practically glowed in the bright sun, the dark features accentuated higher and higher, the contrast deepening, until the white fur put white to shame and the dark face glared defiantly at her, darker than what she would have deemed anything. Though it felt like betrayal, Eve's heart went out to her foe with nothing but admiration.

Just as the sky had cleared, the teenager's mind, too had cleared, and the foe had already lost the psychological war. Though it was a pity to fight down this marvelous Absol, she shifted to an easier pose, no longer feeling Warrod's hand or hearing his words; she had created a zone, in which dwelt only her and the Absol. A zone that was sacred to the both of them; not even the lent Bulbasaur intruded. She knew of the sky-high attack that Absol possessed, and blinking away the edging darkness of her isolated world, she spake at last. "Growl."

(Feels good to take a mini-vacation and actually sit down to think and type xD)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon May 16, 2016 9:42 am

The little Bulbasaur put one paw forward, its growl ringing out clearly through the clearing now that the rain had stopped. Absol was soaked, and seemingly undeterred by the move. Even if its attack power had been diminished ever so slightly, it still leered in return, the grass-type's defenses suffering as a result.

"Don't you worry, lass. Keep a cool head." Warrod said soothingly, obviously sensing the rookie's tension. Just then, the Absol leaped down from its perch, suddenly racing forward in a determined quick attack!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon May 16, 2016 12:14 pm

She gazes || She sings || She believes
_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Ah!" While it was the Bulbasaur that suffered the attack, it was Eve who cried out. The rumored Attack stat of Absols was indeed no joke; while Bulbasaur shook off the damage, it was evident that it wasn't trivial. Not to mention, after the Grass type's lowered defenses, the strike was quite brutal. "Quick, go...Tackle...Bulbasaur?" Though she managed a half-hearted command - hurting this magnificent Absol was such a pity - the Bulbasaur seemed to be ignoring her command, instead, its bulb was opening ever so slightly. Yet it could not be contested that it was indeed opening. What, was it evolving?

No. In Eve's opinion, it was something far better. Upon the impact of the Absol's flank against the Seed pokemon's head, there had been a small sound, titanic to the girl's ears. This was far exceeding it. All at once, the bulb erupted open to fire a powerful beam of energy, fueled by the sun, at the canine, possibly caught unawares. Even as Eve stared in awe at the Solarbeam, she knew to trust the pokemon's instinct over her command. With that being said, as the glow died away, in the calm after the storm, when she would know who had been strong enough to survive, disregarding the violation of her order, Bulbasaur charged forward, head lowered. Not giving a chance to even breathe, huh? Eve smiled, completely caught up in the flow of the battle.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Into the void~ - Page 2 Bulbasaur
71%

Into the void~ - Page 2 Absol
100%

Last edited by MegaAbsol on Tue May 17, 2016 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon May 16, 2016 12:34 pm

The Absol was surprised but also impressed at the little Bulbasaur's power, given that it was stronger than many of its species it had witnessed. It gritted its teeth, the solarbeam pushing it back, but by the time it shook the mighty damage off the Bulbasaur had followed up with a mighty Tackle that sent it reeling. The Pokemon's eyes narrowed, and Absol suddenly whipped up a mighty wind, one that would scathe the grass-type - maybe even critically - before rushing to use scratch.

Into the void~ - Page 2 Absol
[Absol's HP - 13%]

Last edited by MegaAbsol on Tue May 17, 2016 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Calculations~)
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 17, 2016 1:19 am

(Skull Bash? It was Tackle xD It's a level 5 Bulbasaur - the only reason it has Solarbeam is because Egg Move o3o)
(Also, not disputing, but just pointing out that if both Solarbeam and Tackle connected, the damage would be greater than 53% According to my randomized calcs, the damage stacks up to be 87% (! Woah!))

She gazes || She sings || She believes
_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Quick! Dodge!" Eve cried out; as though on cue, the Bulbasaur rolled out of the way. Of course, she reasoned, he would have done that anyway. The stored attack power that the Absol wielded wasn't looking too good, and Twilight seemed worried. She did, indeed, wish to capture and befriend this Absol, but the indignant canine was making it difficult. The Bulbasaur was powerful, there was no doubt about it, and she didn't wish to knock out the object of her desire. Somewhat wishing the Grass type knew a debilitating move such as Sleep Powder or Stun Spore, with a quick, Wait, she commanded the borrowed Pokemon to hesitantly await her next move. Eve knew that she might essentially subject the poor Bulbasaur to more pain than was warranted, but she was unsure how to handle the situation at hand. A Pokeball...she needed a Pokeball... She began feeling around in her pockets; had Warrod given her one? She couldn't remember, in her panic...
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 17, 2016 5:08 am

The Absol frowned, clearly thrown that the Bulbasaur was being told to wait. Its red eyes were fearsome, the Pokemon perhaps angered that it was so wounded, its body clearly burdened by heavy breaths. "This is your chance, girly, don't you panic." Warrod soothed, plucking a red and white sphere from his pocket that enlarged in a wrinkled hand. He reached out to place it in Eve's palm, looking up as the Absol began to break out into a haunting melody. "You don't have long, lass. Make it count."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 17, 2016 10:07 am

"Th-Thanks." Nervously, and somewhat shortly answering Warrod, she closely studied the Absol for an opening to throw the capturing device. The sphere was reassuring cool in her hand; would it remain so once it housed an occupant? Taking a deep breath, just as the Absol finished its poignant tune, her gaze evenly matched his, and she hurled the orb with all her might. When it came to throwing spheres, she wasn't as honed as, say, firing an arrow, but her aim was true, and she watched the red-and-white pokeball soar through the air.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 17, 2016 7:11 pm

The air was thick with foreboding, and if it weren't for the effects of sunny day, clouds or fog may have rolled in to set the perishing scene. There was a certain chill that hung over them, one which only began to diminish when Eve's Poke Ball hit its mark. The Bulbasaur's red eyes were fixed on the object, which rocked only twice before boofing red and becoming still. The Absol had been caught! There was going to be no fancy profile inserted below, though, because this admin is lazy as fuck and it's on the member's profile anyway. How very convenient!

"Oho! Congratulations, girly! You've caught your first Pokemon! And I told you dreams could come true!" Warrod declared, his eyes crinkling in that joyful way elderly men's faces tended to. The Bulbasaur cheered aloud as well, running circles around the Poke Ball before returning to Eve and Warrod to express the same excitement around them, "That was a fine battle, and you did well to help, Bulbasaur! Now, are you going to name it?"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Wed May 18, 2016 1:28 am

(Boofing? Also, what in the fluff, Nishy? xD)

At first, Eve could hardly believe it. Standing for a moment in a stupor, blankly staring at the pokeball nestled in the grass, a smile spread across her face at Warrods words (I'm never gonna get used to that xD) "I-I did it..." It was unclear why she found it difficult to believe that she could finally believably forge a bond with the Disaster pokemon, but she was more than happy to take it.

"I did it!" She squealed, whirling around and passionately giving the old man a bear hug. "Thank you so much!" Happiness flowed in unrestrained rivers, along with a sense of achievement. Releasing Warrod - with a thought for human fragility - she ran to pick up the pokeball. Dropping it into her pocket, she turned back to the Grass type breeder. "Name it? I...haven't decided yet." Her head tilted in confusion, already lost in potential naming schemes. A name was the first process in bonding.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 am

Warrod laughed jovially as the girl glomped him, trembling arm patting her on the back with praise. He leaned on the Meganium for a moment while he straightened himself, although a man of his age was always postured a little crooked. "Well, well, no matter." He waved his hand dismissively at the thought, "You can always take your time. You could even choose your name together!" He suggested brightly. The man suddenly began to faff about until the flowery Pokemon extended her vines and helped pull the man's bag from his back, holding it up while he began to pack a few things into pouches and then pluck said containers out. "And here-- for your journey. There are even cookies from a Hoenn recipe and Sinnoh sweets in there! Along with the regular supplies you'd expect from a professor." He nodded, extending the items for Eve to take.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 2:06 am

Eve closely observed the pokeball - from a distance, the Absol was visible through the translucent red covering. It, too, was staring back at her, a tiny Disaster pokemon nestled in the palm of her hand. "Right. Together, huh?" She said, to no one in particular. Clipping the ball to her belt, she looked up just as she was offered sweets. She loved sweets! Yet, should she accept them? "I, er..." She hesitated, before accepting them with a grin. While she felt obligated to take them - as refusing would probably be rude - there was no disguising the glee on her face. Though, would they not be better off offered to his grandson?

"Thank you." She accepted the other supplies as well before it clicked. "Wait, you're the Professor?" Her eyes widened, as she stared stupidly at Warrod. Of course, it all connected. Him having a Bulbasaur, offering to assist her in catching her pokemon...
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 2:14 am

"Me? Oh, no no no. Do I look like Professor Oak to you?" Warrod chuckled, shaking his head, "No, no. He is merely an old friend of mine, someone that I've covered for now and again when he's bitten off more than he can chew. Like now, for instance! Wouldn't you say, Leafy?" He prompted of the Eeveelution, who chimed up in agreement with her trainer, "If I had a pokedex spare, I'd give you one and send you on your way! You seem worthy of one. Alas, girly, I don't. But I'll send him running after you when I see him, that's for sure!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 9:23 am

"Oh...ahaha..." That was stupid of her, especially when he had never openly declared he was the professor. Regardless, as she got her supplies, she wasn't complaining. "Oh, well, thank you, nonetheless." She grinned again; was she to leave him now? He clearly had powerful pokemon with him, so it wasn't too much of a problem, but it seemed abrupt. What sort of a departure would fit this situation best, where she could properly convey her gratitude? Her shadow said it for her; it was getting dark and she needed to get home before night fall, or atleast move on to the next town. Preferably home. She lingered uncertainly.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 9:30 am

To begin with, Eve seemed ecstatic, but that quickly changed, and Warrod again hummed at her. "What is it, girly? Don't you know what you want to do next?" He asked of her. It was getting dark, but he didn't think anything of it. He knew the trail well by now and his Pokemon could easily guide him through the dark if he faltered. Warrod wondered if she couldn't do the same, or if there was something else on her mind. "Did you want to wait for Oak to come back before you leave? I'm sure he won't mind if you call him from a PC instead. He was the one who didn't show on time, after all!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 9:46 am

"Huh? Right..." Eve trailed off; Warrod was right, she could just call him later. Wait, was that what she was thinking about? What had she been thinking a moment ago? The thought had simply vanished from her mind, flown away on swift wings. "Ahaha, I forgot what I was thinking. My bad! I'll be going home now, seeing that it's getting dark. I'll leave tomorrow for Viridian city, so will I see you here?" She asked, cunningly cutting around the question. Besides, there was honesty in it; she wished to meet this delightful old man again, for no road was too long with good company.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 10:13 am

Warrod supposed that the lady had plenty to consider now that she had captured her ideal Pokemon. The irony of capturing the disaster Pokemon was that, for Eve, it was tremendous luck. "I could meet you here if you like. Perhaps if I find that professor of ours I can drag him here by the ear! Ohohohoho!" He chortled as if it were a grand plan, "A poet and I didn't know it! Shall we all say bye for now, then?" He asked, and with that prompt, his team of six waved their various and limbs and called out a temporary farewell.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 11:25 am

Eve grinned; the rhyme was rather clever. Waving cheerily, she continued on her path, knowing she had a long way before her yet. On an impulse, she stopped, then turned about and yelled, "Warrod! I'd like a few days!" She waved her arm frantically in the air, appendage outstretched, before relaxing again, falling into an upright position, staring lingeringly after the old man, and turning to leave.

{TOPIC EXIT}
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: