Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Genesis

+6
Leon
thaloden
Gondohar
MegaAbsol
lilverde
Beedrill
10 posters

Go down

The End of Genesis Empty The End of Genesis

Post by Beedrill Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Well this is disheartening...

Everyone is gone except for me and what seems like the occasional visitor... but what's even more is that... this was a site we came to from an old site (which is WIP currently... RIP), where a bunch of old friends could remain in contact and let RPing continue...

Well... that short ride is over now, and we have nothing to go to currently... so if anyone has anything to say, please by all means do, cause I kind of still want everything to remain, however, I know that nothing is forever, so it's perfectly alright if there is nothing...
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

The End of Genesis Empty Re: The End of Genesis

Post by lilverde Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Yes, it certainly is unfortunate that this site has become stagnant as well. I was planning on making a character, but I still have yet to do so. Although, I haven't seen a mod on whenever I drop by. I suppose we could find somewhere else to RP at. Or we could try to revive this site. However, I doubt that it would work. That said, it wouldn't be impossible. Either way, it was fun while it lasted. As you said, nothing is forever.

lilverde

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:21 am

Yeah, that guest constantly stalking the site is me...ahahah... ^^'

Derp. Anyways! Come on, guys! This...is a bit more than the usual slump of inactivity, and for some reason everyone's leaves coordinated with each other ._. Life suddenly reared up in everyone's faces simultaneously >> My activity will be spotty at best, and that too at the more fortunate times, but I'll be around! If nothing else, by my (very terrible) phone. Don't give up! I know I have a tendency to cling to things, but watching Genesis go the same way PW did is just...

Genesis is family.
(On a side note, at least it's kinda funny: the end of Genesis, when genesis is meant to represent new beginnings. Ironical NO WHAT AM I DOING THIS IS NO TIME TO BE CRACKING JOKES)

Hell, if nothing else, light up the Other Worlds! Keep something alive to instigate new members to join. Pooch is just too lazy to make a char and probably never will o3o (Psst, if you forgot, Poochy, you still have an unfinished charrie xD) but hey ho, that's why we RP in other worlds! Come on! Don't give up yet! \^o^/
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:05 am

Yeah, we probably shouldn't give up, I mean, there is still things called miracles XP

But yeah, we should probably start trying to get people to start coming back, so... what would be a good idea on doing this? And also, DON'T BE TAKING SHOTS AT ME! I haven't finished it because not only do I constantly forget about it, but when I do remember it, I have no creative input... as much as I love the idea, it was a mistake trying to make it >.>

I might try making a different character sooner or later though...

(Also... jokes are always good to lighten the mood :P)
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:57 am

Miracles ;-; That just reminded me of a somewhat sad anime TT^TT

Ahem. Anyways. Naturally, you need to do what you and Mark never did do; advertise! :P Kekeke. Ahem. I kid. I don't think we even have an ad spiel. Bleh, gotta look into that. For now, I say we try and get the activity of the site back up. An event wouldn't do much good; the inactive ones would just miss out on it. But if we are advertising, an event would be great to draw people in...hmm, Christmas is almost here, and so is New Year and shtuff...hmmm...*fluffs*

OH YES I WILL VERY MUCH TAKE SHOTS AT YOU in the friendliest way possible :3 *fluffs Pooch!* No pressure, I'll just move the topic to the Archives. To entertain yourself, go think up of a paw-esome RP! o4o/

Never mind the canon pokemon world. How boring! xP No need for a character! Set fire to them all! o4o/

Cough. Sowwy. Too much sugar makes a fluff go fluff. But I didn't have any sugar Ahem! I mean, I'm open to suggestions. Advertisement would be logical, but in my experience it doesn't draw very many people in. Still, it's a start. If you're part of other active RPing sites, spread word by mouth. Go on then, shoo!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gondohar Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:57 am

^u^ well guess what :3 Gondo's back! Or well.. Attempting to be back! Yeah that's it ^^ :3 personally I want this to still be around because this will always hold a strong place in my heart :3 first place I ever roleplayed at and where I grew into it ^^ this is always going to be important to me and I dont wanna see it go! ^^ SO LETS BLOW UP THE OTHER ROLEPLAYS!!!!! :D

Gondohar

Back to top Go down

Post by lilverde Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:07 pm

I agree with you all. I certainly do not want to see this site go to waste like PW did. It is pretty strange how everyone seems to become inactive on this site at the same time. I am glad that there are still some people here, and that they want the site to get back on its feet. I'll do my best to spread the word about this site in the most subtle way I can!

lilverde

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:47 pm

Well... I guess I can put my input of possibilities, but first, I must say that there is no other forum I really go on, I've only been on PWRPG and forum that people from there have made, so theres that. My ideas (which probably isn't all that good) is that we can try to send an email to everyone on the forum that we are wasting away and trying to keep it away from the grave. Another thing is to try to keep the main rp alive as well, as if anyone new comes on and sees that its mostly side rps, it might push some people away, which wouldn't be good.

That's my input in this ideal... oh and we may want to try focus on getting some mods and admins, whether old or new
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by lilverde Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:25 pm

At this point, that is probably one of our best courses of action. I will do my best to actually finish my character so that visitors won't think that this site is completely abandoned. Although a site-wide email isn't the best idea, there is a possibility that some people will come back upon seeing it. It definitely is a good idea to get some mods and admins.

lilverde

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:34 am

Yup, I can do that. I usually send emails to people inactive for more than 30 days, but all users it is! A gentle reminder never hurts :v kekeke...

I'll be sending it all users, so you three expect an email sooner or later!

I believe Felix and Kuda are mods, and me, Nish and Striker are admins. Sounds like a good team...if only 4/5 weren't inactive :/ Oh well. There's no pressing concern right now so let's just weather through this period. I'll try and boost everyone's activity!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gondohar Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:07 am

^u^ well how can I help besides well sticking around XD :3

Gondohar

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:15 am

Uhm o3o Honestly, I dunno. What can I say besides advertise? For now, let's just have a couple of active threads. I'm open to modding and other stuffs.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:18 pm

I will try to eventually finish my characters when I get a moment... but here is a stupid but interesting RP idea for the side...

As much as I want to continue our Grimgar RP (Curse you Mark! (Nah, I'm kidding XD)), some sort of thing I've seen is these sorts of pokemon weapons (link below) that kind of makes me wonder if we could do something like this like monster hunter-ish or something like that

Idea lists:
Pokemon can be turned into some weapon but not others (When someone asks if they can turn maybe a Torterra into a small little knife, the upper people (possibly me and someone else) could discuss whether it's a good idea or not (I don't think Torterra being a knife is a good idea) and we tell the user they can or can't)
Pokemon are tamable (it's not pokemon if you can't own them in some way), some being easier than others, and some requiring specific tasks or items to tame (like legendaries)
Only allowed three tamed pokemon at a time (as having six is quite a lot to have following you XD)
Obviously we will have rules, like the basic rules (no l33t text, nothing extremely gory (again, not trying to scare anyone off XD)), then the rules to prevent easy cheating (No harvesting from own pokemon other than small things like medicinal herbs from most grass types and milk from miltanks)
Pokemon weapon fusion (Solrock and Lunatone made into a staff (Only certain pokemon will work with certain pokemon (no Bulbasaur and Pichu fusion))) (I am a bit iffy on this one, but some of these fusion ideas are kind of cool)
Um... I guess that's all I got... here are the pictures :P
https://imgur.com/gallery/LrxAy

Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by thaloden Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:10 pm

hey guys i don't know if you remember me but i just got an email from the site and i atleast had to come say hey then i saw this. even though i've been gone forever i don't want to see this site die either i don't know if i'll be any help. i'm going to try to be around but my life is so up side down and full of betrayals at the moment but i had to at least say this and try.
thaloden
thaloden

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:20 am

Let's keep the RP ideas in the RP section, eh Pooch? :p That being said, those designs are so cool! </3 Like, so mystical and yet so obvious and relatable and couldn't-be-anything-else kind of...you know what I'm saying? :3 No? Nevermind. In any case, I'm up for discussion in this! (So go start a thread there! What are you waiting for?)

Hey, thal! :DD Glad to have you back! Yep, the site was inactive enough to have a mass mail sent as a requirement, but now I cry with joy on seeing almost 10 people having logged in today! Sorry to hear that, life is mean :< But regardless, yay! Thanks for reverting back~ And don't worry too much; every little bit counts! Remember, small steps :3
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:36 pm

I'm going to apologize. It's often difficult for me to actually want to visit the site since, honestly since I started role-playing I was involved with running Pokemon Sites. Before I was an Administrator on Pokemon World RPG I was on a site before that, which was shut down and most of us migrated to PWRPG. It's been over the course of ten or so years, given or take. It took a toll dealing with a lot of the stuff former staff on those sites made efforts to do or get away with, including myself.

So I don't quite feel comfortable being here, as I'm more or less a relic of the past of the site(s) that lead to this one, and as such a relic I don't want to bring what was a very toxic environment with me when I'm on here. So I apologize for my absence as I've been slowly coming to terms with exactly how I feel in regards to my experiences over the years.
Leon
Leon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thaloden Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 pm

well it seems the end has come *sigh* and since for some reason i can't make a new topic i'll repost at the beginning of the end :(

believe it or not i came back because i had a dream a dream of this wonderful place a place that probably saved my life  http://pokemonworld.pokemonlegend.org/ and got me through one of the toughest times of my life had ended :( and it seems my dream was right though it appears to have come a bit late, honestly i debated on whether or not to come see if my dream was correct i stared at the screen for what seemed like hours trying to will myself to come here but afraid to see what i'd find and as i sit here i see my fears are realized but instead of feeling depressed sad or angry, i feel the a mixed sense of melancholy sorrow acceptance. also a slight bit of happiness and nostalgia as i remember the good times i've had here, remembering stumbling upon the huntik secrets and seekers rp reading through it with immense enjoyment until it ended then joining the site because of it. i remember wanting to do another huntik rp and how case and ian (or as his username now Leo) rped with me and the fun i had i remember epicbosses fun game he made that so many people loved to play. I remember my first time in chat shy and not talking much just watching everyone chat and have fun until i finally joined in and broke out of my shell i remember the pokepark rp that leosan started that was so much fun i remember the kind and fun ava and kurai trying there best to help anyone who needed it. i remeber i time when i would sit by the computer and hit refresh every 5 minutes to see if there was a new post and ther normally was. i remember mega kind and fun to hang out with who picked up my pokemon adventure after shadow "left" i remember meeting the fun loving carefree pup who with ian and many others here helped me to come to terms with who i am. and so many other things as well the murder mystery event the text role plays the banter in chat the strange creatures rp mord started and the 1 pokemon trainer i created there Zachary elementist of the earth with his partner shadow the umbreon who's adventure may have stopped after not getting very for i will however always remember him and mybe give him a new adventure.

I sit here typing this remembering all this feeling that mix of sadness and happiness remembering the good the bad and all my friends i feel myself smiling as i remember all this and an old sang comes to mind all good things no all great things must come to an end so it seems this is it and as i look through here and http://pokemonworld.pokemonlegend.org/ i see not a graveyard or a tomb but a memorial a place of remembrance a place to look at fondly with slight sadness but with happiness as well as you remember the fun you had here and how this place changed your life so i invite those who see this message and who loved this place to listen to this
i will remember you:
and write there own memories of their best times there best friends and create their own piece of this memorial (posibly in another topic titled *memorial if you can figure out how :) ) and add their feelings to this,silent, yet beautiful site

and if any of you guys wanna talk to me to reminisce, catch up, or just to say hi my emails
Thalodenwilds@gmail.com
anyway guys i've said my peace and put some of my heart back into this site so i'll end with this i love you guys all of you from my best friends to those i barely knew i love you all and i'll miss you all but i will remember you and everything we've been through and i will always cherish everything this site and you guys have done for me so goodbye and farewell.

*thaloden closes his and a dim light emanates from him as he slowly fades away leaving only a small piece of paper on it reads

i wish you all the best and hope you all have an awesome life goodbye my friends no my family goodbye
sincerely thaloden wildwood also known as michael ;)
thaloden
thaloden

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Heh, well, I'm on the same boat Thaloden, this and pokemon world rpg (as it was formerly known) will be forever seen as a beautiful memorial for me as well. I might as well share what memories I do have of these places... but since it will take me while to type up, I'll just say that I'll post it on here sooner or later, and that I'll end with this, although every single one of you started as stranger, we all quickly became friends, and soon after, something that almost resembles a family, and I'm honestly going to miss so many of you guys.

For those who would like to contact me, send me a message, I want to avoid people that randomly stumble upon this site that we don't know and have the ability to send me random messages.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRandomNigel Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Umm hi, i was actually really interested in joining this forum but did not know if it was still running :C I registered but no one has emailed me with a confirmation that my profile has been activated.

TheRandomNigel

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 am

Hi there, Nigel! We're glad you've displayed interest in joining this site, but unfortunately as you can see, most of the members have gone inactive; whether busy or moved on to other sites, it leaves this site on an indefinite hiatus. The site's not going to be locked or something, but with lack of active staff, there's only so much we can do. I occasionally pop up but with life getting in the way, that activity is limited too. However, feel free to roam the site and rustle up and RP with other members who are willing *glares at Poochy*
Currently, members can register, and access the forums after a moderator or admin activates their account. Since you can log in and post, your account is active (considering I personally activated it :p)(or maybe Nish did and it showed the usual message...)

Thal and Pooch...
It's a shame to part this way. Watching everyone you knew slowly drop out of the internet's radar. What should have been a slump in activity turned into the death of a site. And after somewhat successfully migrating from PW too! Nothing lasts forever, but I had hoped to have this last just a little longer...
These two forums will always be a place I found family. I wish we could have kept the site running and offered the opportunity to other people as well...

I'm sometimes active on Skype, and I'm hoping to become active online in about 6 months once my college exams are over. Maybe I'll check in then? It could have been so much more.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:06 am

The End of Genesis You-cant-arrive-late-if-you-never-get-tere

Joking aside I am flabbergasted at how much time had passed, man I feel bad about it. Well at least I can still post and continue my nuzlocke here.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Time is the enemy of us all, isn't it? It's been so long that I can't really remember what kept me away in the first place and there aren't really any apologies I could muster that would make up for me one day waking up and just losing all of my passion. I think it was a gradual thing, but one day I just stopped. And before I'd just take a break and feel that spark again. But the spark never came back, and I am sorry for it for as much as that's worth.

I think about this place and you guys a lot, there's more fond memories than bad and it's been so, so long. If you happen to read this, I hope things are going well! My Discord is UnknownConcept#2446 if you ever want to catch up.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

https://pokemongenesis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Just logged on to say I left because I stopped getting posts. Nobody was ever on and nobody ever picked up my thread so I had no reason to continue logging in. Don't know what possessed me to check the site today, but saw this and figured I'd pitch in my two cents. I was part of PW in it's earliest form, the site before even that of PX. If anyone feels like keeping in touch feel free to shoot me a message, I occasionally itch to rp Pokemon and Digimon.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down