Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Empty Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot]

Post by Enoch Godfrey Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:37 am

Zipping through the tree branches was a small avian, with strong wing beats the eaglet Pokemon performed quick basic fighter maneuvers around the trees. Eyes lit with determination as he paid focus to his situational awareness. A few, thin maple trees came into his line of view. Performing the flat scissor maneuver the eaglet Pokemon started to zigzag around the trees, banking about 90 degrees toward the opening between each tree before finally leveling himself as he cleared them. With a strong beat of his wings he broke through the treeline into a large clearing of farmland. The avian slowed down a few dozen meters towards a trainer who stood with a smile on his face. With a final wing beat the eaglet perched on his trainer outstretched arm. The avian thick black eyes locked gaze with his trainers vivid green, which were shining with pride. “That was your shortest time yet Sahaqiel, you are getting better at spatial awareness and feeling air currents. You deserve a break my friend. We have a long day ahead of us and if all things goes well we should reach Viridian City fairly shortly." The Eaglet Pokémon gave a chirp as it flustered it's wings, lifting itself onto his trainer's shoulder. The trainer who is named Enoch took out an berry from his pocket and held it up to his friend who was dismissive of it at first but gradually took it out of annoyance. With a grin Enoch turned and started to head to route one as the morning sun continue to climb to its zenith in the sky.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Empty Re: Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot]

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:08 am

(I think I've yelled at you enough in the other thread, so...)
(Also, please put a link to your character and your tracker in your signature)

There was a freshness in the air as of a wind that had blown over honey-sweet fields of clover. Home lights twinkled out here and there among the homestead trees. Beyond lay the sea, misty and purple, with its haunting, unceasing murmur. The west was a glory of soft mingled hues, and the pond reflected them all in still softer shadings.  There was a harmonious consciousness of red fields smoking into pale-purply mists in the declining sun, of long, sharp-pointed fir shadows falling over the meadow beyond the brook, of still, crimson-budded maples around a mirrorlike wood pool, of a wakening in the world and a stir of hidden pulses under the gray sod. The spring was abroad in the land and one's step was lighter and swifter because of its deep, primal gladness.

Enoch and his avian companion weren't the only ones out and about; while there were no humans about, the occasional rustling of grass spoke of the local wildlife scurrying about in their business, absorbed in their lives, taking little or no note of the duo passing by. But a certain unusual pair of eyes watched the human curiously. Something led the mystery stalker to persistently observe his passing from the shadows, gliding from shadow to shadow effortlessly. Fierce inquisitiveness drove it lean forward, just one...step...closer....

The blue-skinned amphibian tumbled out of the bushes, falling in a heap to the ground, not far from Enoch's feet. Furious at jeopardizing his secrecy, and embarrassed at being revealed, the Froakie sat there stubbornly, glaring at Enoch, as though blaming him, like young ones were apt to do. Yes, it was...curious. The Bubble Frog wanted, no, needed to know. Humans - they were so puzzling!

The young pokemon's mind buzzed with an intangible cloud of thoughts, blending into something unspeakable, yet sweet and innocent; knowledge was light. It had been an irresistible attraction before ever his eyes opened and looked upon it. The light from it had beat upon his sealed lids, and the eyes and the optic nerves had pulsated to little, sparklike flashes, warm-coloured and strangely pleasing. The life of his body, and of every fibre of his body, the life that was the very substance of his body and that was apart from his own personal life, had yearned toward this light and urged his body toward it in the same way that the cunning chemistry of a plant urges it toward the sun. Every fiber of his being demanded it as a necessity for life.

And humans were peculiarities to it. They attracted the Froakie like a Mothim to a flame. But there was a wall around them. But this male...he would show him the way! The Rufflet on his shoulder was the last straw. A frenzied passion drove him forward with many loud croaks -  the substance of the wall seemed as permeable and yielding as light. And as condition, in his eyes, had the seeming of form, so he entered into what had been wall to him and bathed in the substance that composed it.

It was bewildering. He was sprawling through solidity. And ever the light grew brighter. Fear urged him to go back, but growth drove him on.

With a loud cry, it leaped into the air with decision, and came to rest on Enoch's leg, clinging with the strength of a limpet, refusing to let go of the hard earned appendage.

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Froakie
Level 6

(You lucky fluff o3o Here, I made it a weird one to compensate)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Empty Re: Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot]

Post by Enoch Godfrey Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am

(Man you are an amazing writer ^^ But a question, is he blind? Just wanted to make sure as the description makes me think he has his eyes close most of the time)

The natural splendor and wonder that radiates around his being fills him to the soul. The sights, smell, and sound all correlate into an orchestra of serene harmonies that seems to lift him into the air. Truly the lands were sculpted by an almighty being for what else could produce such beautiful scenery. Sahaqiel had his chest puffed out, breathing in the delightful aroma from the flora around them. Enoch was taking his time as well, considering there was no rush and that he like to slow down to enjoy the wonders of the world.

As the duo made their trek under the cool shades of the fir trees Sahaqiel twitched his head a bit, keen eyes now glazing over the undergrowth beside the trail. As if he had heard something but not quite make out what it was. Dismissing as a twig broken by a critter Sahaqiel set his focus back on the trail and the yawning skies that weighs on the horizon. The sound of something tumbling drew the eyes of the duo to the source and paused their movement. Enoch was gave a look of recognition regarding the frog pokemon from the shows he watched. Sahaqiel gave a focused stare as if he was eyeing an target, not showing his inner concern for the frog Pokémon wellbeing from it's tumble. His eyes became alert when the Froakie made it's passionate lunge and locked around his trainer's leg. Giving a squawk as hoped off of Enoch shoulder and maintain an steady wingbeat to keep him aloft as he hover over the strange Froakie, clicking his beak in the progress as he tried to tell the Froakie to get off of his friend as he had no desire to attack a small creature even if it was eight inches smaller. As like the rest of his kind he prefers opponents larger and more powerful than himself. Enoch was slightly surprise but did not retaliate, rather he gave a chuckle as he look down at the creature now latched to his leg. "You're a harmless little one aren't you?"
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:09 am

(Heehee :3 why thank you *insert uncharacteristic modesty about how one tries* *also insert very characteristic gloating here* Ahem! Ignore my insanity. Why do people complement me; this always happens. Anyways, thank ye, thank ye! X3 I'm glad you liked my writing, especially since I was nervous about the Froakie. I wasn't sure how to express the personality I had in mind. Thank you! Your appreciation is accepted with gratitude! )

(Blindness is actually a really good idea which I hadn't considered before, and will definitely implement in the future among others. Pokemon are living too, after all. But to answer your question, no, he isn't. The sealed lids was referring to the stage when the young one's eyes are closed (yes, I know pokemon hatch from eggs, but they must undergo a stage like that, right?) Also, I couldn't implement blindness at this stage since I've already mentioned it had been watching the two and saw Sahaquiel on Enoch 's shoulder. Speaking of Sahaquiel, it might just be the way I'm envisioning him in my mind...BUT HE IS SO CUTE AAAA o4o oh my arceus, I- I just.... <3)

(I really hate posting like this, especially since you just appreciated my writing but ah well D: it's always the opening posts that are the best anyway. Don't expect any more of those, especially with my terrible phone X3 but again, I'm so flattered oh can you tell by my demure composition and modest lack of gloating)

Regret had begun pouring in, and the Froakie quivered. It somehow had an inkling that a great pain was a very real possibility for him, that if the human so wished, he could inflict hurt upon it, and it, unthinking, foolish it, would be powerless against it, being in no position to resist or avoid it. Perhaps it could slink away, retreating in a save of face...

No! It had sacrificed too much to be here! Leaving behind all that was familiar and safe in the pursuit of something greater...if only it knew how much it had in common with the human it had chosen to bother. The male was smiling down patronizingly at the young amphibian, and while pride pricked and burned and writhed within the passionate little Froakie, it proceeded to promptly quell it. Patronizing and pity was fine! Anything was fine! Just as long as he learnt! He could take anything, as long as he was moving ahead, even if only at a crawl!

There! The first opposition! The Eagle companion from before! Well, it was prepared! As the avian clicked it's beak, flapping about, kicking up a fair amount of dust and making the wingbeats rather deafening to the young frog (all of which it took as acts of aggression, of course) it resolutely clung to Enoch 's leg, uncomprehending of what the human said to him. It wasn't like he was familiar with the human language. But that would change! It would all change!

And for that, the first thing to change had to be it's pacifist attitude. With a loud croak (well, at least it *thought* it was loud) it fired off a flurry of bubbles, aiming to do devastating damage to the aggressive predatory foe. No way the bird could fly with wet wings, officially crippling it (although it harbored no malice against it's potential travel companion). It would show this human it was strong, and worthy to be taken along! Of course, in reality, all the light spheres would do is burst in rapid succession, at the most doing all it could to lightly sprinkle the Rufflet's beak with slightly soapy tasting water. Yuck. It lacked the finesse of a real Bubble attack, with none of the sharp acidic feel it required to be executed as a battle move. Oh dear. Did this Froakie have no battle experience?

(I'm actually having fun with this character :3)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Sahaquiel was not impressed yet did show a brief jolt of surprise, eyes started to glow red as he Leered at the frog pokemon. His beak only manage to glow a white light before Enoch raised his hand who was chuckling, "At ease Sahaquiel, there is no honor striking those who cannot defend themselves." He said nicely which was answered with what sounded like a cross between a shrill and a huff as the Eaglet pokemon simply landed on the ground before Enoch, still leering at the Froakie. Enoch gave a sigh at this as he looked down at his companion, "Maybe you should do a more friendly approach?" Silence hung in the air for a couple of seconds before Sahaquiel clicked his beak while he raked the dirt with his talons before lifting off into the air with a wingbeat towards the underbrush nearby. A minute of rustling later Sahaquiel came back into view with a Watmel Berry in his clutched talon. He landed on the ground and placed the berry between Enoch and Sahaquiel. No longer were his eyes glowing red as they were now replace with impassiveness. The Eaglet pokemon gave a chirp and nudged the berry forward towards the Froakie, as if a sign of peace or an attempt to lure it down.

Rowlett Used Leer!
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:36 am

(Yeah, no, Sahaquiel is still cute <3)
(Also...Rowlett? Someone has Sun/Moon on their mind ;3)

While unnerved by the piercing leer Rufflet cast upon it, the Froakie still clung to it's lone hope. Initially it hid its cerulean face in Enoch's pant leg - possibly disgusting the proud and independent Sahaquiel - but it soon took to standing its ground and staring back with its best attempt at aggression and intimidation. The Eaglet didn't seem impressed, but the Froakie took it in good stride - at least its sheer determination was nothing to sneeze at, even if it wasn't quite the kind to learn from its mistakes.

Curiosity wouldn't let its eyes off Sahaquiel, and desperation wouldn't let its eyes off Enoch. However, its grip tightened in a child-like manner as it turned to watch the bird pokemon as the silence weighed on an awkward moment. It was finally punctuated by a quiet croak by Froakie - which was overlayed by the dual type's wingbeats. Flight was a distant concept for the Water type, and it watched in fascination as Sahaquiel quickly combed through the undergrowth, followed by a wake of rustling before, true to its name, the Rufflet burst through the shrubbery in a loud ruffle of leaves. The young Frog pokemon's attention sharpened; only, it wasn't directed at the avian. It was at the Berry it held in its claw. A loud rumble from its stomach gave testimony to Enoch's good judgement - a child couldn't resist the temptation of food for very long.

But the Froakie hesitated. It was already clear that the blue water-dweller didn't pause to leave behind something important for something it held in higher regard. Could the adolescent Pokemon accurately - and logically - judge importance by order of preference? Would it defy its base instincts for pursuit of a higher plane? How intriguing. The Froakie would once again give a low croak, staring intensely at the Berry. It was clear it wanted it...but evidently it didn't want to leave something it felt it had earned. Well, one can't have their cake and eat it too. The Frog clenched and unclenched its small forepaws (?) in conflicting indecision.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:07 pm

(lol Rowlett and Rufflet always get mixed up for me xD Oh the frog extremities are called hands and feet. Oh and sorry for the short post, I started it and got distracted for a few hours then I cam back only to realize it's almost bedtime xD So it's shorter then normal)

Sahaquiel body hinted the desire to lunge in which Enoch gave a sigh before speaking up, "Give the little one time friend," The Eaglet merely gave a low shrill as it simply bended his knees to lay down, still focus on the frog. Now feeling the strain of standing still he bending his other lef to lower himself to the ground in which he used his left arm to lower his bottom so that he is sitting with his one leg bended and the other still straighten due to a certain critter on it.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:48 am

(Hands and feet it is! *coughstillnoteditingthoughcough* Also, no worries. Happens to the best of us! :3 At least my equally short post won't look odd xD)

Froakie croaked in alarm as the Rufflet seemed to anger. It didn't want to face off against this powerful adversary! If pushed to attack, the frog would have no choice but to retreat. But...it couldn't....not now...not after everything. It was snapped out of its thoughts as the human suddenly shifted, settling down in a more comfortable position. As the human sat, Froakie hung on resolutely, before looking up. He and Enoch were at eye level, and the water type got the chance to take a good long look at his face. There was something about the kind look on the male's face...something..principled and trustworthy and oh so familiar. Something...relatable and precious and sweet. What was it? It...it needed to find out. But it won't be able to do that from here. Slowly loosening its grip and dropping to the ground, hands still flexing, it warily watched the human and avian alike, ready to jump - whether to safety or back to Enoch's leg...or maybe to his face. Might want to get off the ground.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:07 pm

With a sigh he relax his straighten leg and fold it inward to cross his legs, "Given your persistence why not come on an adventure with us?" He pulled out the small capsule and set it on the ground between them, it's red and white coloring signifying it's a Pokeball but he did not expect the Froakie to know that. "This is a device that let's creatures to be carried to places where they cannot, friend care to help me demonstrate?" He looked at his feathery friend who was looking elsewhere, giving a mere huff of indifference. He then pulled out another capsule and with a click it open up, shooting out a red beam that dematerialize the Eaglet pokemon into the capsule, with another click it shot out again Rufflet materialize on his knee still looking into the distance with indifference.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:50 am

(Yay! I'm now back on the laptop! :3 Only it's the other one...so typing is slow while I adjust to the keyboard. Ahem! Anyways.)

Any pokemon would have instinctively jumped away from the unfamiliar display of red lights and the dissolving of the requisite pokemon before the rematerialization. However, Froakie watched with rapt attention and interest, mouth hanging open slightly and it even went as far as to inch closer. Fascinating. The Rufflet suffered seemingly no ill-effects of being magically stuffed in a tiny sphere, and reappeared looking, pardon the pun, unruffled.

It hopped over to the sphere Enoch put down, a similar, no, an identical object as the one he just displayed the use of. He tapped the sphere, and he must've somehow used it right, for the sphere opened, giving the water dweller a view of the mechanical workings on the inner side of the capsule. The Froakie studied the interior for a second, pretending as though it understand any of what it saw, before tapping it again. It was evidently a fast learner, as it managed to close the orb on the second tap. It rolled the pokeball about a bit using both of its hands, before sitting down on a sudden impulse.

Choices were funny. The fewer there were, the easier it is to make one. And easiest is when you don't have one at all. It is then, and only then, that you can proclaim with complete confidence that a certain choice is what they will definitely pick. Perhaps this - this hypocrisy, this imperfection - was what was called humanity. A behavioral flaw that was passed off with a wave and a laugh. But...is it was displayed in other beings - intelligent beings - what was it called?

Froakie had been so sure - never had it imagined that it would really find a human, much less a friendly one willing to take it along. Humans could be cruel. They had thrown stones, even though it had only been hungry. And a big human had taken away its big brother. But this one...you're a little different, aren't you?

Now that it had the freedom of choice sitting before it, no longer restrained by its own limitations and failings...why did it hesitate? Wasn't this what it had always wanted? What was blocking its path, except its own mental barrier? The Froakie looked up at Enoch again, smiling encouragingly.

This was his reality now. This was his madness.

He pressed the button - on a mere fluke of intuition - and allowed the red light to absorb him. It felt funny...a mild tingling. The crawling on his skin...the first of his experiences in a new world. His learning had only begun.

Congratulations! You caught a Froakie! Would you like to give it a nickname?

(Please provide gender, nickname, aaaandd...that's it. No EM cause Froakie has rubbish EMs anyway. Oh! Also...)

Rufflet gained 3 exp!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:21 pm

(Yeah he does have weak EM's. Mind Reader seemed useful but can easily be abused.)

As the male Froakie dematerialized into the pokeball Enoch has a sense of joymeant of catching his first Pokémon and without a fight. Rufflet on the other hand seemed just relived it's over with and they can continue onwards. With a wingbeat he fluttered back to his spot on Enoch shoulder as he stood up while picking up Froakie's ball. He look upon it thoughtfully as he comes to terms on the idea of a new friend. "I'm thinking Matariel, what you think?" He gave a glance to his avian friend who simply gave a short shrill of passiveness. "Matariel it is then!!" He gave a smile and placed the ball on his person before continuing the trek. As he plans to train Matariel later when they are in a more safe environment.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 am

(Matariel? Well, don't be surprised if someone accidentally calls him material o3o Also, so I take it it's a male, then?)

(Is that an exit? If so, please put an [EXIT] tag in your post. You might wanna look into a training post to have some character development and have Froakie become familiar with attacking moves (which, at the moment, it cannot use with any proficiency))
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:25 am

(Oh well if you want me to exit I'm sure that's fine, Route One is a short route anyways.)

(Well in writing I can see them making the mistake but they both sound distinctly different when spoken. ^^)
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:20 am

(Derp 'o3o So sowwy, I assumed it was an exit. Seems that I'm extremely prejudiced...what's normal to me must be perfectly normal to others, right? You like fluff, right? Right?! Cough. No, of course you don't have to exit. I was asking if it was. Hey, ho, if nothing else, this served as a nice reminder for tags ;3 So you won't forget for when you really are exiting.)
(What is it with you and 'iel' sounding names? xD Both your pokemon's names end in 'iel')
(...Soooo...do I just, um, I dunno, form a situation for a safe training ground? What do you mean by that? Like, a low level encounter?)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 am

(The 'Iel' is due to the naming theme I am doing for my characters, given Enoh is a religious person I figured to name his Pokemon after angels and other divine beings. Sahaqiel being the Angel of the Sky and Matariel being the Angel of Rain. Given the amount of angel names is not a whole lot I am also extending into other pantheons. Like naming an electric type Thor or a ghost type Sedna.)
(Oh okay xD I did wanted to do more stuff and grind a bit along with more encounters as I typically like to have a full team before the first gym in games. So yeah do whatever you think of, as that is what mods do xD I do like fluffy things :3)
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:59 am

(D'oh, I see o3o In that case, I demand you have a pokemon named Raziel! Angel of Mysteries~ :3 Actually you know what I'mma keep that name for one of my mons Also, Sedna is a planet...says Google o3o)

(...A full team! Look, all you gotta do is grind up with Froakie, I'll let ya know the rise in the proficiency level, and then you can solo it with Mata (mind if I call him that?) But if you still really wanna, I rolled a lot of encounters together, and I'll PM you the list. You know the gist; the ones you're interested in fluff up somewhere. oh and yes you better like fluff)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:36 am

(Sedna is the Inuit Goddess who resides in the Land of the Dead)

(I just like having a full team lol (Yes you can call him Mata xD) I don't know why I just did, it makes me feel complete having six pokemon before fighting the first gym.)
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:07 am

(Backup plans I guess xD Although I assure you Froakie is enough (if you work on his moves with him!) I ran the numbers. That aside, I'll just set up for the encounters...)

Now that Enoch was more conscious of his surroundings, he'd notice that the loud proclamations of the Froakie had attracted a fair amount of the local wildlife's attraction. From skittish Nidorans to curious avians, pokemon stared down at Enoch wonderingly. They knew of the sacred ritual of passing into under the guidance of a human being, and while none - or few - showed signs of hostility, most Pokemon maintained a fair amount of distance and scrutinized the male warily. Between all the local wildlife, the occasional unusual Pokemon was visible.

A Mankey swung from branch to branch, pausing to spare a glance for the duo, human and bird, before resuming its course in busy daily life. A rare Woobat flitted from tree shade to tree shade, hoping to reach its cave before the noon wore on. A small mound of earth began piling up as a Drilbur suddenly emerged, looking disoriented and blinking into the sunlight. Far off splashing would lead one to the correct conclusion of a lake some ways off. A Clefairy peeked out from under the bushes, a look of angelic innocence and curiosity on its face - albeit it lacked the desperate edge like Enoch's recently acquired Froakie. A Pineco wiggled uneasily from a treetop, while a Tangela drew itself up onto an adjacent branch with vines, trying to get a better look.

Much to Enoch's probable relief, none of the wildlife were trying to attack and drive him from the forest yet, but the masses were growing uneasy, shifting restlessly, uncomfortable with the human amidst them. Some turned away in concern, while some seemed convinced he wouldn't hurt them. Seemed like a tough crowd to please. Enoch had his work cut out for him.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Noticing the disturbance that he had cause he figured it would be best to move on to another part of the route. The sound of splashing made him remember that he should restock on fresh water so with a turn he took the forest trail that led to the lake, Sahaqiel still perched on his shoulder. On his way down he took a look at the different wildlife around him, wonder shone in his eyes as he admired the diversity in the wildlife. As the trail lead to an lake front he took out his water purification kit and began to collect water. Sahaqiel already took off into the air and was circling above the lake hunting for food for both him and his master.

[I know Fluffy, it may seem horrible but Pokémon do eat each other. One time we saw a cut up Magikarp in the Anime.)
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:07 am

(Of course Pokemon eat each other how the fluff are they supposed to survive otherwise? xD Atleast Rufflet is a more reasonable choice - I've seen an image of a Serperior eating a Patrat. Yeah.

The Rufflet would find thin fare in the lake - A Chinchou glided past, far from the water surface, but noticeable due to the glow on its extended bulbs. A Magikarp thrashed in the water before calming down, probably bunching muscles for another bout of flailing. A Barboach lay basking in the sun, moist skin glistening with its viscous membrane, and two Pidgeys sat watchfully in the trees, waiting for some appropriate prey to pass by. Some sparks flew threateningly off a source hidden in the bushes, startling a Drifloon into taking slow flight. The habitat around Enoch was enriched with a variety of pokemon, and the male was lucky to see it, quiet and unobtrusive. This was true nature, one of co-relation and harmony.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Circling in the eye Rufflet eyed the two water Pokémon, knowing Barboach will be harder to grab he instead focus on Magikarp. Dipping down the avian body began to dive, using energy from the momentum of the dive to combat natural buoyancy and with vertical velocity at its height Rufflet would extend his wings to make a sharp swooping turn a few inches above the water to snatch the Magikarp and use the rest of the kinetic energy to fly upwards, his wings would be flapping hard as he attempted to reach a height to let go of Magikarp onto the rocky shore below. Meanwhile Enoch was boiling water to purify it and was making a fire pit as he plan to camp for the night as traveling in the dark is a bit of a risk.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:10 am

(Just a quick note: You may have noticed that I removed Sky Attack from Sahaquiel's moveset. I thought about it at length, and decided that the moveset should be kept pure. I was debating offering you some compensation like a free TM Voucher or something else...maybe PP. After careful consideration...I fluffed o3o Yeah, I forgot where I was going with my thought process. So here, have some freebie exp!)
(However, ye still can't have Sky Attack as there are several species of Pokemon which don't get EMs - over 30 species! So, yeah. That door's closed. Sorry!)

Unfortunately the Rufflet would himself in defiance - despite Physics being on its side, it was attempting to lift a large, heavy fish out of water. Magikarp weighed just a pound (or half a kilo, whatever system you use) less than Rufflet, and a fish's natural instinct upon being startled is to swim downwards. Predatory avians like Rufflet typically had powerful talons with locking digits - the hold was impossible to break, and was evolved to hold onto slippery prey like Magikarp. However, it also meant that once the Magikarp started panicking and instinctively swimming deeper into the water, it would be pulling Rufflet into the water with it. Cases of hunger-weakened birds being dragged underwater and drowning, unable to pull the fish out of the water and to release their hold weren't uncommon.

However, Rufflet was young and strong, and this was a battle he was destined to win. Slowly, but surely, the dampened wings of the Eaglet would flap strongly, shedding their water load, and painstakingly dragging the water type out of its habitat. Once more than half of the Magikarp was out of the water, the Fish Pokemon began thrashing about violently in the way fish did - an all-powerful attack that sent the water into a boiling frenzy and spake of the scorned fish's wrath - ...Splash. The fish uselessly wriggled about, flailing desperately. The Rufflet fought for food - the Magikarp fought for its life. Considering the fish matched the bird pound for pound by weight, the Rufflet may need some intervention or disciplining in the matter of the fish...a quick attack or a couple of some claw swipes wouldn't make the fish taste any worse...

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Magikarp
Level 14
100%

VS

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Rufflet
Level 5
100%

(Quick heads-up : Fury Swipes has the chance of doing the most possible damage)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:10 am

(Aw well there goes my sweet Sky Attack/Sheer Force combo xD no worries though as I understand.)

His wing muscle burn as he struck the air as his talons locked on to the scaly fish, a brief spark of pride lit in his chest as he managed to drag it out of its habitat. Landing on the rocky shore he watched the fish pitifully the trying to fight back with splash. With a squawk and eyes with determination he lunged at the splashing fish with glowing talons and began to rake at the Magikarp side.

Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:41 am

The Magikarp wasn't quite defenseless against the raking talons - its powerful scales shielded it from a bit of the vicious attack, but the Rufflet proved to have more strength than it appeared to. The Eaglet struck thrice in a flurry of claws, and as it withdrew, deep grooves were visible in the red scaled fish's exterior. The aquatic pokemon thrashed about in the mud, thoroughly covering itself in the substance before bunching its muscles for another Splash. The move was purely instinctive, but the movement threw it closer to the water surface. Every movement brought it closer to its lifeblood, and a tiny spark of intelligence pushed it ever closer to its goal. The wet soil had a hold on the muscular fish, and Sahaquiel might not be able to pick up the Magikarp again - the first time had been a struggle enough. The fins of the fish flapped - it was a race against time.

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Magikarp
Level 14
89%

VS

Aim High … Fly-Fight-Win! [Encounter/Plot] Rufflet
Level 5
100%
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enoch Godfrey Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Eyes glowing red and with a flutter oh his wings he lunged from the side with glowing beak to sink into the fish exposed eye. Determination and fire still raging within the small avian. Meanwhile Enoch ignores the sound of murder as he finish purifying the water and started to set up the tent.
Enoch Godfrey
Enoch Godfrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Affiliates