Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skeleton Idea - Needs Flesh

3 posters

Go down

Skeleton Idea - Needs Flesh Empty Skeleton Idea - Needs Flesh

Post by Alekion Wed May 03, 2017 9:03 am

Thinking about making a stat based (but story driven) fantasy RP. However, everyone will make a regular character as though it were a regular rp more along the lines of a school rp. Everyone will get the same number of points allocated once they make their character based on how their character is built. Negative traits open room for potential bonus points. Simple die rolls could be used to determine the outcome of several things, from simple things like bluff rolls to attack rolls. The idea would be that this character, with an otherwise established history and personality in the "real" world is suddenly thrown into this fantasy world (with the others) and forced to create alliances and fend for themselves. Obviously I'm willing to lighten up stat requirements and whatnot, I just really seem to like numbers. If anyone wants to flesh out the idea, please let me know.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Skeleton Idea - Needs Flesh Empty Re: Skeleton Idea - Needs Flesh

Post by Beedrill Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm

This kind of interests me in the sense that it's sort of liking waking up in a video game... but it also gives me the feel of Grimgar (Which we were doing an RP of on here), I do have a few question, what type of stats are you going to have, what is the overall 'goal' of everything (as in, what is the goal of the person that brought them there, what is the goal of the students as they get there (just survive, try an hunt down this ultra rare and powerful beast, etc.), and some small goals), what type of fantasy world (medieval, futuristic, many other examples here), and what all are you looking for?
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Wed May 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Like I said, it's not a fully fleshed out idea just yet. I was thinking along the lines of high fantasy, so Grimgar would fit as a reference. There hasn't been much thought into who or what caused them to appear in the new world, but I doubt it would be made clear early on in any sort of story. It could be a fluke, where a wormhole opened and transported them there, so their primary goal is to survive and adapt. It could be some deity brought them there to save its world from disaster, I'm flexible to an extent.

As far as stats, I love numbers, so for me having stats like
Constitution
Fortitude
strength
Dexterity
Charisma
Intelligence
Wisdom
Perception
Luck

Are all possibilities. However, I realize most people don't like numbers a much as I do, so probably wont get to have /all/ that. The idea is that your stats get allocated based on your actual character's pre-established traits, then after the initial stats you can potentially build up other stats through various activities (hunting rabbits would help dexterity, successfully chatting up the locals would help charisma, etc).

As far as what I'm looking for, it's people who are going to write at least a paragraph or two, be descriptive, and at least active every few days.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Wed May 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Ah, okay, I was mainly asking what possible ideas you had that are not set in stone so I got what I asked for.

I am a big fan of stats, but just how people aren't big fans of numbers, there are people that don't like complex stats as well, so I'll just state obvious keeps: Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Charisma, and Luck (for the 3 prime classes (Warrior, Archer, and Mage)), and also one other stat for healers and possibly some sort of summoner class possibly. Also, really like the stat leveling system, no actual levels, just specific events that increase stats... though I feel like there should be some sort of limit... cause hunting 5 rabbits is easy and would get you 5 dexterity.

Lastly... I haven't RPed in a while... so I have no idea if I'll be able to always pull off a paragraph or two... so I probably won't join immediately XP

Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 25, 2017 6:56 am

Waa! A Dungeons and Dragons RP! :D
I think Forumotion has a system for table-top RP styled things.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Thu May 25, 2017 8:28 am

Oh yeah! That'd be cool, i never tried DnD and want to
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down