Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask] Empty A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask]

Post by Anzantos Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:09 am

Caspar walked into Littleroot town smiling at how beautiful it was he smiled and took in the unusual sea breeze he hadn't smelt before. He continued to walk along by the docks marveling at the series of ships that were moored there. He looked around considering bringing out Drexel but knowing that Aerodactyl is an extinct pokemon and could draw attention to them, Caspar shrugged and unclipped the pokeball from his belt and enlarged it pressing the button and saying "Come on Drexel get a load of this" Drexel emerging in a flash of white light and stretching his wings before looking to Caspar and blinking as he adjusted to the light. Caspar ran a hand through his hair and said "Well buddy what ya think?" Drexel looking around at all there was to see and smiling he too enjoyed the view, Caspar then decided "Oh yeah this'll be a great shot for the blog and for Ray" he then moved next to Drexel bringing his camera out of his bag and using the docks as a backdrop as he flashed a peace sign at the camera and took the snap he smiled before saying "Great shot bud" he then took another few pics of the town and docks alone without him in it for the blog.

Caspar then looked around wondering where the Pokemon Lab was as he was hoping to pick up a pokedex for his journey he looked at Drexel "Any thoughts on where the Lab could be?" Drexel looked around and screeched, shrugging but that drew some attention to him not helped by the fact he's shy. "Drexel a little quieter next time please buddy" he half laughed awkwardly, he then tried to ignore the townsfolk and look for where the lab could be "Come on you'd have though there'd be signs and stuff it is the region's number one pokemon lab authority after all" he moved towards what looked like it could be a town map but was just a notice board, sighing he looked around and thought about asking Drexel to take him up and have a look from the air but, thought that might spark panic after all in the past Aerodactyl was a pretty aggressive creature when wild but not Drexel he's as sweet and loyal as they come him and Drexel were best friends like Caspar and Raymond maybe not quite as strong but still as close as they come. He looked around tossing up between asking someone for directions and walking around aimlessly looking for it before deciding to bite the bullet and just ask someone. He approached a newspaper stall and said "One paper please" to make sure it wasn't asking for something whilst giving nothing he then said "And could you p... p... please direct me to the B... B... Birch Pokemon Lab?" Smiling a little as he shuffled about on the spot awkwardly scratching the back of his head Drexel at his side probably drawing more attention trying to avoid eye contact so people didn't look at his heterochromia.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask] Empty Re: A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask]

Post by Felix Leonis Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:48 pm

The man from the newspaper stall looked up and gave the young man a smile, quickly reacting to Caspar's rather shy and stuttering question by handing over that morning's freshly printed paper. "That'll be one dollar, lad."

While he was almost turning around to put the stuff in order, the man heard the young man's question about where to find Professor Birch's lab. The stall's owner had heard that question so many times by now, every time some newbie trainer wanted to get more knowledge or just because...well, it was Professor Birch after all, few in the world knew as much about pokemon as he did. "Fine lad, listen carefully. Birch's lab, is the large house with the blue roof with the pool 'n all near the norther entrance of town, ever since he's started a new research, he's been busy again. Do tell him his subscription is almost expiring when you see him."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask] Empty Re: A Journey To Discover More [Plot & Feel free to join but please ask]

Post by Anzantos Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:37 am

Caspar smiled, particularly liking the fact that for once someone didn't make a comment about his Heterochromia, at least not a bad one and said "T... thanks" handing over the dollar and putting the paper in his bag to read later. He then looked around and thought `now North is um.... this way?` he then started heading in a certain direction with Drexel by his side before Drexel poked him gently and indicated that he was going the wrong way; Caspar chuckled a bit and went "Oh thanks Drexel" turning and starting to head in the right direction.

After 10 minutes of walking they finally came across the lab and it really was magnificent "So um... let's go knock.. I guess" Caspar said to Drexel nervously, Drexel gave him a bit of a nudge and a smile to encourage him and put Caspar at ease. Caspar then walked up the set of steps leading to the big double doors and looked around it noticing a doorbell which he pressed stepping back a little as the doorbell could be heard even from outside the lab; It must be so that the Professor would hear it wherever he was in the lab. Caspar started getting nervous, shuffling about on the spot and looking at the ground as he began to worry that he'd just be bothering the Professor and, that the Professor wouldn't even wanna give him a Pokedex.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:24 pm

It took some time before there was any reaction to be heard to Caspar's knock on the lab's door, yet when at least five or so minutes had passed, there was a loud rumbling coming from behind the door, after which it opened and a huge muk barred the entrance, while looking at the trainer and his aerodactyl.

"Sorry, my apologies," A voice suddenly seemed to come out of nowhere, but when the Muk moved itself, a rather bulky and surprisingly young professor Birch appeared from underneath it. "This fellow's been send to me by a friend of mine, quite a handful to work with. So how can I help you fellows?"
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Caspar stared at the Muk a little confused until he heard the friendly voice of Professor Birch. Caspar then hesitantly asked whilst looking at the ground still to keep his eyes out of view "I was um... wondering if I could um.... get a pokedex please sir?" Aerodactyl then moved closer to him in the hopes it might make him feel a little bit more comfortable which it did; Caspar then looked up and waited hopefully. Whilst waiting he took his camera out and snapped a picture of Muk and the professor before saying "Oh.. god.. I hope you don't mind... I just like taking pictures" Caspar smiled slightly tilting the camera towards the Professor to show him what he meant "If you want a copy for your research or something? I dunno it's probably stupid... but I could do it.. I guess... If you want, I just need a computer" he waited scratching his head hopeful that the Professor wouldn't be too annoyed at the sudden photograph.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:51 pm

"Hahaha, a pokedex is it?" The professor laughed loudly, though stopped for a second when he noticed the young man taking a picture of the Muk he had been dealing with earlier, only to follow up with a rumbling chuckle. "If that's what you wanted, you're in the right place, kid."

Now fully opening the door, so Caspar could pass the Muk without having to climb over the lumbering mountain of sludge, Professor Birch motioned the kid to enter. "Maybe you want to ask your lovely aerodactyl to fly over my lab and go to the back yard, he's got plenty of space there."

Patting the Muk on its head seemed to be enough for it to move out of the way and trail back to the back yard as well. In the meantime, professor Birch could show the lab's rather cosy interior, with everything looking more like a regular home than what one would expect from a lab, at least as long as Caspar didn't enter the main hall at the back, that's what he would've perceived, but when Birch would lead him through to the actual lab in the building, there would be a display of different machines, many shelves with books and even kitchen appliances for the production of high quality pokemon food. "Now where did I put those pokedex'? Oh right, you can use the computer over there for that picture, I am certainly interested in that."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:52 am

Caspar looked to Drexel and somewhat at ease said "Don't worry Drexel buddy I'll be alright" before following the Professor into the lab as Drexel flew over the lab round to the back yard happily. Caspar then moved past Muk and looked around the lab "Wow this place is great sir" he then snapped a few pics on his camera whilst continuing to follow.

Caspar then entered the actual main lab and smiled when he saw it quickly zipping between machines listing their names and what they do "Oh my god this lab is amazing" he said somewhat loudly, coming out of his shell around the vast machinery there was in the lab. When the Professor said to him he could use the computer for the picture he dashed over and sat down quickly plugging in the camera and shoving the photograph onto his photograph editing software tweaking it a little to improve the lighting and composition. He then sent the photograph to the printer, happy with his work whilst uploading the rest of his pics so far onto his blog captioning each one whilst the Professor searched for the Pokedex.

Once he finished he shut the tabs he was using and put his camera and the lead back away. He then took a frame out of his bag and put the picture in it. Once it was ready he stood in the middle of the room waiting for Birch to return hopefully with his pokedex; gazing in awe at the machinery around the room still.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:23 am

When the professor finally had found the case in which he held his newest variety on the old pokedex once created by the famous Oak from Kanto, all the bulky man could yell was a loud "Woohoo", which without a doubt was loud enough to startle anyone who hadn't been paying attention to what was going on.

"I found it, kid!" professor birch loudly exclaimed, walking towards Caspar with a rather lithe-looking electronic device in his hand, which was without a doubt the pokedex the young man desired to have. When the professor placed the pokedex next to the computer, the man took a glance at the picture the kid had made and whistled in amazement. "You've got quite an eye for these things. Oh, right...care to help me get some pokemonfood for the pokemon out back? I don't think your aerodactyl would mind a free lunch, wouldn't he?"
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Caspar was startled by the loud `woohoo` jumping into the air and almost falling over but managing to regain his stance as the Professor somehow managed to calmly stroll up despite his prior excitement. He then turned to the Professor and smiled at the sight of the Pokedex picking it up and examining it, loving the design and even the very idea of such a device for research purposes, this device has brought pokemon studies on leaps and bounds in the years since it's development with trainers from all over meeting new pokemon and documenting them; amazing was the only word to describe it.

He then looked up when the Professor said to him about the photograph and smiled saying "Oh yeah thanks well I... kinda like taking photo's.. Showing things from my view I guess... I do a blog for stuff like this ya know..." He then paused feeling unsure of himself like it wasn't really deserving of that much praise despite the many good comments and offers for his work he'd had over the years "All my brother Raymond's idea of course" he followed up with handing over the photograph. He then said "Oh umm.. yeah I'd love to and... No Drexel wouldn't mind knowing him.. thanks sir" he then awaited the Professor instructions on what to do, not fully sure of himself.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:37 pm

"Oh, I'm not really good with all that stuff you kids do this day," Birch laughed, pointing at the shelves filled with bags with pokemonfood. "Those have been made by a friend of mine from kanto. Highly nutricious, yummy dry food, which is easy to store."

Grabbing a bag, the professor grunted for a bit and motioned the young man to grab a bag as well, at which point the two of them would pass through the door into the backyard, which was teeming with easily a dozen of all kinds of pokemon. "Alright, take one of those small shovels and put a single dosage in all of the bowls I give you...maybe two or so for the bigger pokemon."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:37 am

Caspar chuckled too before following suit and picking up a bag of pokemon food slinging it over his shoulder "Your friend must be pretty talented making pokemon food like this sir" following him out into the backyard where Drexel walked over to him smiling slightly. Caspar then listened to the Professor's instructions before carrying them out putting a single dosage into the bowls and double for the larger pokemon.

Drexel was happy too upon receiving a free meal getting in close to Caspar and punching him in the shoulder playfully to say thanks before starting to eat it. Caspar then said to the Professor "So Professor what... what sort of research have you been working on?.. If you don't mind me asking of course... if not I'm sorry" rather awkwardly regretting asking in case he annoyed the Professor never wanting to be a nuisance but just being curious about things as it was in his nature to be that way.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm

"Oh, he is indeed," The professor laughed, smiling while watching the pokemon enjoy their meal. "Seems your aerodactyl is enjoying it as well."

For a moment, the professor seemed deep in thought, when Caspar's question finally got through him, Birch simply frowned and sighed a bit. "I was planning on doing some research on how certain pokemon resist certain weathers and what types generally take preference to each type of habitat. Like how bugs and grass pokemon generally inhabit forests, but why you don't see them in mineral rich caves despite the fact that plants thrive in such caves."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Caspar laughed too before replying "Yeah Drexel is and if he's happy I'm happy" smiling a broad smile. He then took mental note of what the Professor said regarding his research not for anything untoward but just because took interest in people and especially things like this "Wow" he simply replied before continuing "That sounds really cool Professor Birch sir..." he then paused "So what's wrong with that plan then?" mildly confused by why the Professor wasn't happy with his research plan or what could cause him this inconvenience. Drexel finished his food and brought the bowl over smiling.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:00 am

"Well you see," The professor started explaining why he had some problems regarding his research. "I WAS planning to do all that, but because I'm also currently taking care of a lot of pokémon from trainers that are helping me by doing field work and using the pokédex...I'm kind of stuck here. Not that it's a bad thing, but it does make it hard for me to do any research outside of my home for longer periods of time."

Ending with a sigh, Birch suddenly smiled again, as if he had quite an epiphany. "You know, each of them helps me in parts of my research...you know, that talent of taking pictures of yours...I might actually have some use for it if you want?"
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:09 am

Caspar listened and nodded as the Professor spoke "I see" then when the Professor asked him about a kind of job he guessed he smiled "Yeah I'd love to help out with your research in any way I can sir" he then took a look around him at all of the pokémon which were keeping him there and said "There really are a lot of pokémon here..." he continued to look around "How many are you actually looking after for their trainers?" Aerodactyl also looked around he'd became acquainted with a few of the pokémon whose trainers were all over participating in contests and battles and all sorts or so they said but some had been there for a while and thus had no idea whether their trainers were even still doing the same thing or even in the same region.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:21 am

"Hmm?" The professor seemed quite distracted, looking at the pokémon and pondering about his research after all. It usually made him look like a rather carefree and absentminded person, just like it did now. "Oh, excuse me, I wasn't fully paying attention."

With a loud, bellowing laugh and rubbing his head a bit as a show of his mistake, the professor gave a warm smile at Caspar and looked back at the pokémon. "There's these pokemon, than there are the pokemon that are kept safe and healthy by a few of my partners and friends and probably a whole room of pokéballs filled with pokemon in the back as well. They rotate quite a bit you see, I can't let all of them roam around, but I try to get them out as many times as possible. These are the fourth batch of today and in about half an hour it's time for another batch to come out and play while these guys take a nap."

For a moment, he shrugged a bit, seemingly thinking about something. "I think in total, I've got about one hundred pokémon that I'm looking after, not counting those that are not on this very location."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:16 am

Caspar was fascinated by his ability to care for all the different types of pokemon and all of their different needs and requirements. He then said "Wow how do you... you know handle it all?" he looked around Drexel was too curious about the pokemon that were resting in the back room in their pokéballs, he personally didn't have an opinion on being in a pokeball as he was rarely ever kept in his, and when he was he knew Caspar had a good reason for doing so, because they were best friends and thus spent almost all their time together.

Last edited by Anzantos on Mon May 30, 2016 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Wed May 25, 2016 11:03 pm

"Well yes, yes of course I know how to handle them all," The professor laughed, letting out his usual loud voice. "Why else would this little tag on my labcoat say 'PROFESSOR' Birch, haha."

Looking at the young man's face and following his eyes to the room he had described earlier, Birch gave a playful grin. "I guess you want to see for yourself, right?"
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Mon May 30, 2016 4:17 am

(Hey buddy welcome back! :D How are you? Where you been?)

Caspar felt somewhat stupid when the Professor stated the obvious thing that had gone over Caspar's head looking to the ground and his feet awkwardly "Oh.. yeah.. of course" he then followed that up with an awkward laugh before hearing Birch offer to show him the room with the masses of pokeballs belonging to many different trainers and coordinators hailing from all over "Y.. Yes please.. thank you sir" shuffling over towards the room still a little embarrassed from the stupidity of his earlier comment. Drexel headed over to Caspar nuzzling his head against Caspar's arm to try and put him at ease which somewhat worked, Drexel always seemed to know exactly how to handle Caspar and his awkwardness.
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:24 am

"All the pokémon you see here mostly are from trainers, tamers, breeders and even pokémon performers from all over Hoenn and even beyond," Birch laughed loudly, spreading his arms widely to emphasize his words when the light suddenly switched on and showed dozens of rows upon rows with pokeballs. "Now, luckily I have the best security system installed, just in case some rowdy thieves think they can take away someone's beloved pokémon."

He pointed at the top corners of the room, where there were four rather large open spaces, with an electrode in each of them. "We regularly switch between two quartets of electrodes who do a magnificent job of keeping the security system running and keeping an eye on things. Contrary to the beliefs, they are actually reliable pokemon and one of them is capable of powering an entire street's light and electrical utilities."

Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Caspar scanned the room taking it all in quite impressed with the standard of both storage and security in this lab, his awe causing him to forget about the earlier gaffe he'd made; without even thinking he took out his Pokédex and scanned the Electrode, the Pokédex storing the entry and providing information on the Ball Pokémon; Caspar took it all in happy with his new device and his greater ability to learn with it. He wanted to take a picture, but decided better of it for the sake of maintaining the lab's pretty solid security. "This is all really impressive sir" he stated Drexel screeching in happy agreement. He then said "So anything else I can help you with Professor?.. that is.. if I'm not in the way" becoming slightly more self-conscious that he was distracting the Professor the further he got through the sentence.
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:27 am

The professor wasn't at all annoyed by the young man wanting to take a picture, though he did make it clear that if he wanted to photograph an electrode there was one outside in the back at that moment, because just as the kid said, he couldn't just let people have a peek at his security system.

"You know kid, I might have something for you," Birch said, while going into another room which was filled to the brim with loads of papers, clutter of all kind and the "something" Birch wanted to give the kid. "This is something that's been sent to me by Professor Elm from the Johto region. If you don't mind making a little trip for me, I'd like you to bring this to Norman, he's the gymleader of Petalburg."

Holding in his hands, the professor showed Caspar a small box, which seemed to be containing a variety of scarfs.
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:47 am

Caspar smiled as the Professor didn't seem annoyed lucky for him, he then listened intently as the Professor gave him a task that he could do for him "Yeah, sure Professor, I've gotta head through Petalburg to get to Rustboro City and the first Gym anyway" he beamed pleased that he could be helpful, Caspar then took the small box and put it into his bag, the box fitting rather snugly. He then looked at the Professor and said "If that's all then Professor then I'll get going and do the errand for you" holding out his hand politely to shake the Professor's. Drexel pleased that Caspar was doing something he enjoyed and that he was just happy in general; Drexel moving to Caspar's side ready to head out as soon as he was ready.
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:42 pm

OOC: if you want you can go and write up a starter at rustboro or petalburg for a new thread, this time more or less plot/encounter I guess xD (can't leave you without any progress now can we )
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:59 am

(I'll do a little bit of traveling to Petalburg first might skip or go round Oldale town which isn't too important plus this way I can either catch some pokemon or level up Drexel for my gym battle with Roxanne which I'm gonna follow the anime rules and do 2 pokemon each even if I have more)

Caspar left the lab alongside Drexel, bag on his back and headed out of the Town through the big streets and alleys. On the way out they had few weird looks and whispers obviously from people who either were surprised by seeing Drexe;l a once extinct Aerodactyl; or the ones who were close enough may have been talking about his Heterochromia which made him quite self conscious being the 'freak' as he'd been called in the past. One comment he'd heard sounded as though it was from a jealous girl who simply said to her friend "A weird pokemon for weird trainer" laughing to with her friend about it; Caspar didn't understand how people could get a kick out of mocking others and just kept going soon reaching the gate out the Town and passed through a little ways along when he'd left the Town he looked to Drexel and asked "Okay Drexel buddy What do you say about us getting some training done? And maybe making a new friend or two?" Drexel screeched happily and the pair began to walk down the path towards Petalburg taking a longer route that was marked out as a bypass for Oldale Town which he didn't have any reason to visit from what he'd heard about it.

A little ways along the path Caspar slowed to a stop he'd heard something rustling in a nearby bush and thought this might be his chance to meet a new pokemon he watched the bush intently pulling his Pokédex out of it's pouch on his belt and aiming it at the bush to scan whatever pokemon appeared.
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next