Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~

2 posters

Go down

Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Empty Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 am

Right, then. This is a nuzlocke race between me, Beedrill (who I refer to as Poochy :3) and Zyaeblm (Zy for short because dat spelling ._.) of a Fire Red hack, Fire Red Omega.

My ruleset is a little different from the others, probably, so I'll try and implement an equalizing points system.

Ruleset copy-pasted from Poochy :P

1. We each start with a different starter from the game
Mega (meeee) = Magby, Zyaeblm = Elekid, Beedrill = Smoochum
2. When a pokemon faints, it will remain unusable and should be placed in the PC box
3. You may only catch one new pokemon in each each new area (This rule is put into effect when we are able to get pokeballs)
4. Legendaries are banned, and there can not be any trading allowed, unless of course someone is going to be nice enough to help evolve your pokemon This is something I am not following. Not only do I not know how to trade (^w^' ahahahaha...) I also usually catch legends. I'm still deciding whether I can have a choice to catch legends or all must be caught, but in no run have I ever banned legends.
5. You must nickname all pokemon (Pokemon need love~ <3)
6. You are allowed to gain a pokemon from any NPC (because they're pretty awesome)
7. Battle style set to Set Once again, I will not follow this rule. I allow, even propagate switching, and I don't mind giving myself a -5 points for it if it saves my pokemon in the long run.
8. You are allowed to catch and use any shiny pokemon you see (yesss shinies are exceptions!) (But not to death)
9. Since we can not play this all at the same time, we will be posting 30 min intervals of what happened (we'll even pause during the middle of battle), this is so we can easily tell how long it took for us to reach a certain destination and (if we somehow all beat the champion) tell who won the race.
10. The race will begin once we obtain our starters, so we will begin the timer once we are able to pick a pokemon

So, that's it o3o I have currently played 3.5 sessions (1 hour 45 minutes (I really wanted to continue grinding D: My next session will be 45 minutes or something to equalize this) and have defeated Brock. I'll write up a log.... I can also provide screenshots for evidence if necessary o3o/)

First session:

Received Magby, nicknamed Magma (such originality </3)
Caught Nidoran male on Route 1, level 3. Nicknamed Nile.
Caught Swablu, male, Viridian City, level 5. Nicknamed Soren.
Mankey, male, route...whatever that is next to Pokemon league. Route 22, I think. Named Makoto, boxed.
Received Treecko, male, named Tartarus, on route 3. Also caught a Hoothoot, male, named Hawthorne, boxed.
Viridian Forest, caught a fluffin' Pikachu (o4o!) female, nicknamed Persephone (my sweet, sweet flower <3 Soooo lucky to have you!)

Started grinding. Nile and Persephone were paired up (Poison Point and Static duo <3) and saved each other lots of times o3o Status hax~ Shifted grinding spot to Route 22 when Nile was level 9, with Persephone was in front. She was at 24/32 health or something similar - basically well into the green, and fighting well against Hoothoots.
She was level 6. Facing off against a level 6 skitty. Both female, so Attract was useless, and I knew Skitty have pathetic attack and defense. But Persephone died to a crit Tackle. (My heart broke a bit more right there </3) Magma stepped in for the revenge kill.

Soren was a pain to grind, and he's still lagging behind, because Swablu's experience curve is so steep. Leveling is real slow for him. I steamrolled Viridian Forest with him and Magma, and reached Pewter.

Session 2 and 3.5:

Running low on pokeballs (it was a wonder I'd caught Persephone with just one pokeball!) so stocked up. Received Torchic, nicknamed Terry, boxed since Magma is superior. Received Mudkip, named Mars (noticed the naming scheme yet?) and caught a Sunkern. They're supposed to be strategically good for Brock, but I had Tartarus. Grinded everyone except Soren to level 16 for evolutions, while Soren was at 12 (learned Sing)

Current party:
Magma, level 17 Magby
Tartarus, level 16 Grovyle
Mars, level 16 Marshtomp
Nile, level 16 Nidorino
Soren, level 12 Swablu

Backtracked to Viridian to beat rival (in anticipation of the Elekid who would have had Thunderpunch by now, I went all the way to Pewter for Mars ._. It's a good team and I like it, but it's sad how our teams revolve around the strategically best mons to take down others (rivals, gym leaders, etc), and not around what mons I'd like to keep in my party.)
Soren took down the Zubat (would've been Persephone's role ;-; ) and one Mud Shot from Mars did it for Elekid. Swampert tends to be bulky, so I'll keep Mars around for as long as I can.

Passed Viridian Forest again, and began to appreciate exactly how rare Pikachu is. In all my travels, I only saw two other Pikachu, even while grinding Magma.

Brock. Everybody was level 16 and even though I wanted to grind to like 20, I didn't have the time or patience for it. So I went in like so. The trainer was already beat from when I was training Mars, so straight Brock it was. I didn't heal beforehand since everyone was more or less healthy (Soren had a couple of HP missing from Absorb, I guess, and some mons must have had some PP missing, but besides that, all good.)

That Onix's deadliness was not exaggerated o-o Even though I told Zy I wouldn't send out Magma in a rock gym, he still took down Geodude for funsies, and Tartarus was sweeping left and right, what with Omanyte and Kabuto. Brock actually switched out once to Rhyhorn, and I contemplated keeping Tartarus in since he was completely healthy, but then I remembered that it had Flamethrower (o-o who the fluff does that?) and switched to Mars. Rhyhorn anticipated that and used Tail whip, but didn't last long nonetheless.

Then the Vulpix. God that fluffin hax furball. I like Vulpix, and this one evidently had too much potential. Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Substitute. It had Ember too, but it was doing laughable damage to Mars. And that AI! It's like there was a real person on the other end! By far the best AI decisions I have seen in a while. Mars was asleep, confused and hit himself twice until I got fed up. Sent in Nile, same situation. I freaked out, realized I had no Potions left and freaked out even more. Sent out Magma, who Karate Chopped the Substitute and Vulpix down, who missed two Hypnosis'. Really, tho. It couldn't have Ember'd, so I was fairly safe, but things really went downhill. Onix was next.

Sent Mars out, got Rock Tomb'd to dangerous health (though he was awake) and whatever Water Gun did was healed by the Sitrus. That was unfair, considering I couldn't heal my own poke. Another Water Gun, another RT. By this time, I was having palpitations. I was going to party wipe. I sent Nile out and Onix dug. I sent Mars back out and Onix's Dig took him to 4 HP. I sent Magma out, risking a Rock Tomb, but he Dug again. I was desperately thinking up strategies when I saw Soren. Swablu so far had been pretty useless, and I was gonna box him because who walks into a Rock gym with a flying type in their party? Soren really saved everyone's asses that day. I kid you not.

I switched Soren in, Dig did not affect him. I was ready to sacrifice the fluffball, but Brock used a Lemonade and I chose Sing. For the second time in its entire life, the freakin' 55% accuracy attack hit. I almost cried with relief. Then came the question of who to switch in. Who could one-shot the Onix? Really, it could wake up at any time. I switched in Tartarus since he was the only one able to heal himself, and he critted Absorb. Onix was down in one shot. I expected the fight to be over but he still had Omanyte left :v Derp. Tartarus was now in a good health condition so I kept him in to OHKO Omanyte too (as though there was anyone else :3) Brock was done, and with no deaths.

It showed me how much to not underestimate the game, and how every little thing counts. Soren's fate is still undecided, as the best he'll eventually get is Dragonbreath, but he was the MVP of the day. Hats off to you, fluffy little bird.

Current party:

Magma
Tartarus
Mars
Nile
Soren
Egg (should hatch soon)

I only played for almost 2 hours, but the game knocked several years off my lifespan. Also, since I grinded on a higher speed, the game time currently shows 4 hours and some minutes. But really, I'm still having trouble accepting that my party is amazingly alive.

(Oh, and one more thing. The egg is accepted at Pewter, same place I got Mars. Should I keep both? I can -1 myself for it.)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Empty Re: Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~

Post by Zyaeblm Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:49 am

*Posts in your log because he's an asshole.*

MegaAbsol wrote:That Onix's deadliness was not exaggerated
Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Captur11

MegaAbsol wrote:Then the Vulpix. God that fluffin hax furball.
Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Captur12

MegaAbsol wrote:Soren really saved everyone's asses that day. I kid you not.

I switched Soren in, Dig did not affect him.
Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Captur13

MegaAbsol wrote:but Brock used a Lemonade
Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Captur14

MegaAbsol wrote:no deaths.
Mega's mega fluffy nuzlocke run~ Captur15

Jokes aside, congrats for the win! But, don't use frame skip and do use Set style. Frame skip is violation of intergalactic law - Pooch even confirmed it himself that we can't use frame skip. And I'm pretty sure we three should be playing on Set. I strongly suggest you clarify that with him.

Other than that, yours has been a wonderful run so far! ^-^
Zyaeblm
Zyaeblm

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:37 am

Damn, he did? ._.' Crap, crap crap. Uhh, okay then. I wasted a lot of time, but since I'm using framskip (gotta go fast!) just use the time displayed in-game. According to which, I've played nearly double the sessions - little more than 8, last I checked.
...I should probably have been by Misty now.

Also lol all dem memes x3
Just you wait and watch who'll laugh is you wipe before Brock! ;w;

That being said, here's an update.

Boxed Soren. You tried hard, little fluff, but one look at your movepool and I'm sorry, but the box it is. But really. You were awesome during the Brock fight. One move that decided it for us. Your attack and defense is below the others, and its either this, or eventual death where even levels won't save you. Rest now.
Egg hatched to a Serene Grace Togepi! I'll keep it for now, since I see a real possibility with Ancient Power, STAB Body Slam, etc. Maybe see if I can get Headbutt for it ;3
The route before Mount Moon yielded an Electrike, and I was like 'yisss Misty counter :3' buuut Tartarus begged to differ. He killed it. With Pursuit. Which was a dumb move. Pursuit has the highest BST on his moveset (yes, that is sad) Derp. He's determined to take on Misty alone WELL LETS SEE HOW YOU DO WITH THAT ATTRACT LUVDISC M8

Mount Moon itself offers me a Clefairy! :3 I evidently have luck with numbers. I hope she won't go the same way as Persephone... '>>

Clefairy, level 16 female, named Claire.

I am not getting the Magikarp as I have Mars. Hopefully I'll grind up Togepi, who I named Tachi, to 21 before going on ahead, since that's when he gets his first attacking move, Ancient Power.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 am

9th or so session:

Grinding while slowly clearing Mt. Moon. I am happy to report no deaths :3 I'm continuing my sessions. Maybe I can squeeze in one more.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Cleared Mt. Moon but not hopping that ledge yet. Lunatones and Solrocks make for great - if somewhat unsafe - grinding fodder, and I'm still unsure on who to teach Mega Punch and Kick. It'd make for great STAB for either Togepi or Clefairy, but I'm not sure I'm keeping the latter, and the former learns AP in 2 levels. No one else really needs it like these two, but still... :/ Also, apparently I've clocked 6 hours 40 minutes! O4o *insert screaming* Surely not!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:18 am

2 more sessions later:

Rival, Nugget Bridge and that Cape area cleared, ticket obtained! Taught Claire Mega Punch on the suggestion of Zy, but haven't trained her yet. I could teach her Bullet Seed + Attract, since a Clefairy's TM movepool is huge! I fished in Cerulean, and got exactly what I wanted! A Horsea! Named Helidor (Should've been Helidos ;-; darn it) and haven't searched in route 24 and 25 yet. No deaths yet :3 And Tartarus is a boss. Fragile, but still boss. Oh, and Tachi finally finally finally got Ancient Power, but...is being pretty useless. I'll wait til evolution to decide where he goes.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:02 am

Time clocked: 8 hours 33 minutes

So, pretty big update. Decided to grind Tartarus til level 29 (!) to get Leaf Blade, which had got an epic buff. You should check it out. Trekked to Vermilion to get the Vs Seeker, picked up the bike voucher, trekked back. Through a long, strenuous and demanding procedure, finally finally got Tarty up to 29, and everyone else at 24-25~
(The Hiker's Sudowoodo nearly killed Tartarus ;-; Flail from like 1 HP and Tarty was down at 6/67 HP or something. Arceus!)

Magma evolved, learnt Thunderpunch <3 gg Misty. Now, I don't care if I've overgrinded, I'd rather take my time and overlevel and strategize than rush in and get half my party killed off. Tachi's the only one at 22, hasn't evolved, and I'm going in with an all male team.

Magma decimated Misty. Yes, you read that right; a fire type wiped the water gym. Under Sunny Day's protection (during which not a single mon hit him >> Derp) I relied on Magmar's great Sp. Def (highest in the team, better than Tart) and Magma OHKO'ed every single pokemon. I switched in Tartarus for Luvdisc since Seadra's Poison Point poisoned Magma, (Luvdisc as OHKO'ed by Leaf Blade) and back he was for Togetic (why does Misty have Togetic?)

Thunderpunch KO (not an OHKO, but still clean. Magical Leaf was all it had, and Metronome coughed up String Shot :3) And since he was hurt and it'd take a turn to set up Sunny Day, switched in Tarty for Starmie, again a clean OHKO with leaf Blade. Overlevelling is a boss, and I'm glad I invested all that time for it.

Now, I'm tallying my points...

-1 for death (pikachu)
+5 for clearing Brock
+5 for clearing Misty
-3 for playing on Switch (alternative is giving Pooch and Zy +3 for playing on Set, but not both.)

Should I get plus points for clearing the leaders first? I've played a loooot more than the rest of the guys, so I guess not... >>
Anyway, I don't think I missed anything~ Comment!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down