Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the New World

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Into the New World - Page 5 Empty Re: Into the New World

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 am

Alice looked frustrated when Clefairy got back to her feet, although her expression lightened when the fairy did finally slip up. "You rock, Gael. Take it like a champ and don't give up!" She understood the thrill of battle now, and her enthusiasm was infectious to the eager slug, who chimed with determination. "Use water pulse and then another ice beam! We can do this!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 17, 2016 10:20 am

The ice was both restricting and liberating; as Clefairy made to avoid the Water Pulse, she promptly tripped, eliciting an 'oh, no!' from her trainer, but the momentum of her fall allowed the unfortunate Fairy type to skid further, just out of range of the Water attack. Where the liquid splashed with force, the ice crackled and shattered in a million fragments, making it hazardous for both parties alike. However, the atmosphere was quickly cooling from the vast amounts of ice, further powering the Ice Beam the Shellos emitted, scoring a powerful hit on the resilient foe.

By now, Clefairy was winded, staggering, stumbling, gasping. Slowly rising to its feet, there was a moment of mutual silence between trainer and pokemon alike. "...Clefairy? Can you keep going, dear? Want to call it quits?" The woman asked with concern tinged nigh high in her voice. In answer, Clefairy grinned spiritedly, and released a powerful Dazzling Gleam, glimmering with vengeance and a burning desire to make one proud, straight at Gael. The attack did not waver, it did not falter. It shot true. The Fairy pokemon's willpower was admirable.

Level 7
Into the New World - Page 5 Shellos
83%
+2 Defense
-2 Attack

Level 8
Into the New World - Page 5 Clefairy
15%
PSN
-1 Accuracy
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 17, 2016 11:08 am

Alice's stomach twisted with excitement, seeing how Gael was trumping the fight so well. Given its weakness, the power of the dazzling gleam was enough to stun them both. "Harden against the blast!" She ordered, her companion looking away from the shining light ehile it toughened its defense further. "Now finish her off with a water pulse and tackle!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Wed May 18, 2016 1:11 am

(Wait, I don't get it; Why Harden against Clefairy, a Sp.At geared 'mon? You do realize that it's not lessening the damage from Dazzling Gleam and Disarming Voice, right? xD)

The pulses of water did it for the foe, pushing the unresisting Clefairy a fair amount of distance back, the force causing the limp pink body to land in the watchful trainer's arms. The woman sighed and petted the worn out Pokemon. "I'm sorry, Clefairy dear, you did well. I pushed you too far. You deserve a good, long rest." Withdrawing her pokemon to the shelter of her pokeball, and sweeping a glance over her opponents, she turned to Alice with a grin. "I've already told you this, dear, but you're an amazing trainer! Impeccable battling!" Nodding at Gael - who was beginning to look a little hurt - she released her second pokemon.

By the way of looks, it wasn't impressive. Fragile, pink, with blue eyes as clear as frosted glass. The Jigglypuff was pretty, but it didn't promise much in the way of battling. A baby pokemon with little strength and much squishiness. "Now, now, don't underestimate my Jigglypuff. She's quite resilient." The Fairy type responded with a delicate, graceful pirouette. Cute.

(Arceus, the Jigglypuff's battle potential is so poor xD I won't be surprised if Gael knocks her out in one hit.)
(In hindsight, permission to have the pink thing have more moves than her level-up moveset? The only damaging move it has is Pound :P And Gael has, like, 3 TMs. I know it's not really meant to be a fair battle, but what can I say~ I'm a difficult mod.)

Level 7
Into the New World - Page 5 Shellos
40%
+3 Defense
-2 Attack

Level 8
Into the New World - Page 5 Jigglypuff
100%
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 am

Alice grinned, cheering her Shellos happily for his victory. He seemed proud of his achievement, even if the strike had worn him down some. "That was amazing! Good job, boy!" She applauded the Pokemon. When she saw the Jigglypuff released, Alice hummed. Honestly, even if her newest team member didn't have many moves, Alice figured that his strength could be used to knock such a balloon overboard, especially with the thin layer of ice to gain momentum with on the deck.

"Okay, you did a good job, but let's give Farren a go now!" Alice suggested loudly. Gael seemed affronted, waiting for his trainer to change her mind. "Please?"
"Shellos..." Gael grumbled, but slid back regardless. Alice lifted the Pineco up hopefully, "Do you mind?"
"Pine. Pineco." The bug affirmed, its body seeming to nod for him. The blonde smiled with relief.
"Alright. Let's go." Alice set the Pokemon down, and he hopped forth onto the battlefield. "Get spinning for some power, and go in for a tackle attack!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Wed May 18, 2016 11:25 am

"Oh, my! Kicking off already?" With a new pokemon, a new opponent, the woman's confidence was refreshed anew as well. "Go on, then Jigglypuff!" As the Pineco spun past, whipping up a regular hurricane, the pink balloon pokemon jumped...fairly abnormally high. "Jigglypuff are a light species, able to inhale air to float~" As the Pokemon landed again, well past the Bagworm pokemon, she inhaled, not sharply, but deeply. All at once, a melody arose from her, lilting and sweet. A Sing attack, to make the foe drowsy and uncoordinated.

Level 6
Into the New World - Page 5 Pineco
100%

Level 8
100%
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Wed May 18, 2016 11:36 am

Alice cringed when she saw that the Jigglypuff had begun to sing, clamping her hands over her ears and hoping for the best for Farren. As it was, her Pineco seemed oblivious to the melody, which worked out for her. "Get back in there and tackle her, Farren! And keep going, don't let up!" She ordered. He spun towards the pink ball, beginning to wail on her with one tackle after another.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 12:42 am

The Jigglypuff was rudely interrupted in her song by a vicious Tackle, catching her off guard. As though to add insult to injury, the attacks kept coming remorselessly at her. The second Tackle, she deflected with a powerful Pound, the impact enough to push her back far enough to avoid the third, before matching the fourth with another Pound. It was a Pound-and-Tackle fest. However, despite the numerous attacks, Jigglypuff came out looking for the better in the showdown, once the attacks from the male ceased. "I told you not to underestimate my Jigglypuff! Her Cute Charm has activated, infatuating your Pineco." As though on cue, the Balloon broke out in song again, this time to effectively lull her charmed foe to a slumber.

Level 6
43%
SLP

Level 8
56%
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 1:51 am

Alice had been delighted at the way things were going, but the Jigglypuff seemed to narrowly outmatch them in its attacks. Her expression fell. She didn't want to lose her first battle with Farren, lest he lose faith in her as a result. "Farren! Wake up, please wake up!" She called out, hoping her concerned voice might rouse him from his slumber. If it did, she would order him to 'protect' himself from any offensive strike and counter back with another tackle. However, Alice was already rooting through her bag for a potion just incase. She'd already seen him roughed up from their meeting, and Alice didn't want to see that again so soon.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 2:22 am

"Quick, Jigglypuff dear, use this time! Play Nice, and Defense Curl!" With the increased priority, the pink female winked, softening the Pineco's offenses, before curling up in a defensive ball to weather the attacks better. Unfortunately, by now, the Pineco had woken up, and just as the Balloon curled, it slammed into her with a Tackle, sending her bouncing. She was quick to retaliate, floating closer and Pounding him soundly. Her paw (?) bounced off the greenish protective layer Farren had created. "Well played, dear. Again!" Jigglypuff shot forward to attempt another Pound.

Level 6
16%

Level 8
42%
+1 Defense

Last edited by MegaAbsol on Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 2:28 am

Alice tensed up. Farren looked so down. "Dodge it, Farren, and then come back!" She called. The bug did as told, spinning back to its trainer's side, who was vigorously shaking a potion bottle. They hadn't said items couldn't be used, so surely it was alright? "Here, let me heal you up a little bit..." Alice began to spray the soothing substance over her cone bug, watching its rough scratches and bruises fade under the restoring medicine. Farren was all the better for it, and when that was so, she sent him back out, "Okay, you know what to do, mister! Give her all the tackles you got, and defend against her attacks with protect!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 9:06 am

(Darn it, at his low level, that Potion would have healed him completely xD (Had 4/23 health remaining))

"Ah, I'm afraid we're at a loss here, I didn't bring any Potions into the battle." The woman shook her head sadly, but Jigglypuff seemed cheery nonetheless. However, once the Pineco was back on the field, it stilled with a lovesick look on his face. The Balloon took the opportunity to slap the Pineco back to his senses, causing him to jolt and ram into the pink foe with a Tackle. Jigglypuff skidded back, taking a moment to draw a breath. Though the Bagworm looked weak, it still had a fair amount of fight left in him.

Level 6
44%

Level 8
31%
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 9:27 am

Alice considered her options. Farren was really struggling. She shouldn't have needed to use a potion like that, in her opinion, and the infatuation wouldn't stop until he was returned. Reluctantly, irritably, she decided to call him to the ball he belonged in. "Come back, we need to get rid of that silly crush of yours." She decided, tired of struggling him through it. The Pokemon disappeared in a beam of refreshing green, and Alice sent her Shellos back into the fray. Gael looked more than ready to finish the job. "Don't let her touch you. Finish it off with ice beam and water pulse!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 am

"Oh? The fearsome Shellos is back! Quick, dear, dodge!" The Balloon pokemon made to inflate itself and float out of range, but the Sea Slug was too quick. Struck down with a vicious Ice Beam, followed by a fairly unnecessary Water Pulse, the Jigglypuff fell through the air, once again falling in the woman's arms with a weak cry. "Ah, you fought hard, my dear, giving that Pineco a run for its money. Rest now." Recalling the charming pokemon to its haven, she walked towards Alice with a smile. Laura grinned and cried out, "Good on you, Alice!" cheering and waving her arms about. A quick cursory glance by her revealed the previously present man who was watching the battle closely was nowhere to be seen. "Well done, sweetie. You earned this." So saying, the woman turned over a fair amount of money to her.

Battle Aftermaths:
-1 Potion
+ PokéDollar 1400

Gael gains 12 exp!
Gael grew to level 8 with 4 exp remaining!
Gael gains 20 happiness!
Farren gains 4 exp!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 10:22 am

Alice was relieved when the battle was finally over, although she felt disappointed in herself for Farren's sake. That had been their first battle together and things had gotten way too close to his loss and she had been forced to surrender his part to Gael. "Yeah, we did, but it was damn close there. Both of those Pokemon were really tough!" She laughed dryly, reaching to finish off the drink that Laura had brought her before. The ice had almost melted. Gael came sliding back cheerfully, and Alice crouched down to pet him and scoop the small Pokemon up, "Thank you for all of your hard work, Gael. And thank you both for the experience! I might have a heart attack now, though." She wondered what her blood sugars would be like. Messy was her prediction.

When Claire handed the money over, Alice was evidently surprised, "For me, really? Oh, thank you!" She bowed her head briefly with gratitude, "If Laura's okay with it, should we go and find a machine to heal our Pokemon with? They definitely need it."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 11:33 am

"Yes, dear. Buy some Potions to compensate for the one you used, hmm?" The woman smiled in a motherly-figure sort-of way. One might expect her to reach over and pet Alice on the head, but she left it at that, turning to locate a healing machine. "I believe they should have one here somewhere. Or the captain or the crew could know." She supplied. Asking around, she quickly discovered a shining double-sided healer, nestled in a corner in the protective shade. Apparently, it could also be used to exchange pokemon. Each side occupied six places for a full team, and the woman's and Alice's combined four pokeballs looked lonesome indeed.

By now, the sun had risen high in the sky, beating down unrelentingly on whoever stayed out on the deck. It might be well to get a tan, but it was all a bit too hot for Laura and Shellder. "We'll be heading in, Alice." The girl informed our protagonist, backed with a 'Shell' by the Bivalve pokemon nestled in her arms. The deck seemed to be in fairly good shape, with the ice melting quickly. Already sailors were swarming to clear the sharp remnants off into the boiling sea - the water-dwelling pokemon could do with some frigidity too. Perhaps 'in' was good; they could even snare some more drinks in there.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 11:48 am

Alice nodded, calling out an acknowledgement to Laura that she knew where her friend was going. She followed Claire to the healing machine, setting the pink spheres down in their places to be fixed up. At least the battle was done before sunstroke could set in, given how hot it was. She doubted that Gael or Farren would handle the dryness so well. "I'm gonna go in, too, I think." She said once the Heal Balls were back in her bag, "We could do with more drinks and food. And I'd like time to get to know my Pokemon better, too." She needed to give the toxic and return TMs to Farren, too, and she could perhaps find somewhere to train during the trip. "You're welcome to join me, though!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 19, 2016 11:59 am

"I'll be there in a there in a moment, sweetie. I'll grab my pokemon some food, and maybe settle them in for a nap if they want." The lady said, waving before fluffing off retreating to a different part of the boat. Alice was left alone to find her way, but it wasn't too hard seeing that the corridors were narrow, with signs and placards at each 'crossroads' or wherever the corridors branched. The insides were air-conditioned, providing respite from the ever-pressing heat, and sailors were visible at regular intervals, mostly moving about in work. Occasionally, women donning maid outfits would pass by with trays or trolleys, with delectable scents wafting after them. The ship would take a while longer, seeing that in lieu of the heat, they'd dropped the speed to cruise, to avoid over-heating the engine.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu May 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Alice wished she had a Pokegear or something to store numbers and call with. At least then it wouldn't matter if she lost Laura or parted ways with Claire, but as it was, she just had to explore and hope for the best. The sights of Pokemon distracted her, too, like the Wingull outside or the Machop helping sailors maneuver. Eventually the young woman made her way to the bar and dining area, purchasing a lemonade along with iced tap water. Laura had to be around somewhere, surely? It made sense to her.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri May 20, 2016 12:31 am

(Should she pay for that drink? xD Also, I suggest quickly teaching Farren Toxic.)

Laura was somewhat visible near an ovular window, peering out with a grin, occasionally withdrawing her head to avoid splashes of water. The girl looked around, noticed Alice and waving, wandered over. Her Shellder was missing, and it could only be outside the window, enjoying a little swim in the sea. The ship had slowed down considerably now, and even the two young pokemon - Laura's Shellder and Goldeen - could keep pace.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri May 20, 2016 3:11 am

((Lol no? It isn't being used to heal...))

Alice smiled when she saw Laura, approaching with relief in her system. 'I was worried we'd lose each other until docking." She said as a way of greeting, sitting down opposite and waving at the window. "Your Pokemon look beautiful out there. I'd be roo scared to let Gael do that." She released Farren into her lap, kissing the conal Pokemon. He didn't seem resentful of her, thankfully.

"Sorry about earlier, dude. I let it get really kessy out there. I'm hoping these help..." Alice confessed, applyinv the TMs for return and toxic. Alice looked up at Laura, "I think we'll rest soon, but I was hoping to train with them before we get to Valencia. It'd make us stronger and help me get to know them, I think."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 am

(It's being consumed but eh xP It'd probably be for 5 PD or something (wait, more expenditure for Pokemon than humans? o3o))

"Heh, it seems like it'll be a while before we reach Valencia." Laura said, checking her watch. Claire walked in, Igglybuff quivering on shoulder, and waving at the two young women, ordered some iced tea before heading towards them, catching the remark about wishing to train. "Some of the sailors might be willing to battle. Or I'm sure one of them can erect some of those sacks they keep moving around to be used as a dummy." The older woman said, half-joking about the sacks. A small thump from the side of the ship, near the window, implied one of Laura's pokemon had playfully bounced against the metal side. "Or you could fish up a pokemon." Laura suggested.

"There are actually a variety of activities you can do to bond with your pokemon," Claire began, "such as simply talking to them, maybe engaging in some recreational activities. Battling is the start. You can read them a story, some sleep with theirs." She cuddled the Igglybuff to demonstrate its 'cuddlyness'. It was quite squishy.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri May 20, 2016 10:09 am

"Considering how the last battle went, I want to at least practice moved and strategies with Farren begore tsking on the sailors. Gael is fine against Machops but has less power against other water types, even with tackle and toxic." Alice reasoned. "I know about talking and playing, though. I just wish I had a bikini or swimming costume so we xould play in the pools together. Battling is fun, though. It was really exciting!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

"Doesn't your Pineco know Toxic, dear? Why not use the Toxic stall strategy?" Claire mentioned. Besides being a Pokemon fan, she was evidently a keen strategist. "You mean that stalling thing you do with Toxic and Protect?" Laura asked, puzzled. "Yes. It works especially well against, say, a slow pokemon, or one who's using a two-turn move or a Truant." Claire informed. Sweeping her glance across the room, she turned to Alice, "I can ask them to set up a sandbag dummy, dear," She offered kindly, already moving towards the door.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri May 20, 2016 11:13 am

Alice hummed and nodded. When playing her ganes, she had always been keen to use ailments and then an all out offensive. Having real zpokemon to worry about and need protect for was new. "It's a good idea, but I only just taught him protect a second ago. Farren eill need to practice it-- ah, do you mind? Thank you." She smiled gratefully at Claire. She was clearly a good friend to have made!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next