Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the New World

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Into the New World - Page 2 Empty Re: Into the New World

Post by Avaritia Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:32 pm

The cafeteria, though having the best intentions was still resting on an island with minimum opportunity to receive imports of food and goods within a day. They happened to be in the tail-end of their resources especially, after many items were bought up because of looming threat of the tropical storm currently barraging the island. As a result, what was left for Alice to choose from was a selection of a few seafood-based soups freshly made from resources on the island, or a sandwich she'd need to make herself.

There was at least still a better variety of drinks, with a good supply of bottled waters, juices, and a few scattered cans of soda still resting on the counter waiting to be claimed. Alice herself wasn't the only one in the cafeteria, as the Center was holding more refugees than just her as the storm passed. Near the back sat a lone teen shrouded by the hood of their sweatshirt, making it impossible to discern their gender or features. They were mindlessly gnawing at half of a peanut butter sandwich alone. Closer to Alice was a group of three that seemed just under her own age, chatting excitedly and clearly a group of friends. Least there were options of seating, if she didn't want to eat alone.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

https://pokemongenesis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Alice couldn't stand soup - it was a weird, texture thing - or most seafood, so she decided to toast the bread and put some butter and cheese on it, and take a few sliced meats for the side. She picked up a bottle of water and a diet soda as well, digging through her bag and glad to find a bit of money in it to pay with. She tried eavesdropping on the girls, only because she was nosy, but decided ultimately to try and sit with the mystery figure. Her voice was what she would describe as 'stereotypically British, with a northern undertone. Perhaps they would consider it neutral and posh, if not unusual. "Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here? We don't have to talk if you don't want to."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:15 pm

At first, the figure didn't respond. Then, quite suddenly, they seemed to happen to glance in Alice's direction and jump almost out of their seat in surprise. Their body turned fully toward her, revealing many locks of curly, red hair tucked unkempt into the hood. The hair itself was currently battling a large pair of headphones for supremacy and neither were particularly winning. These two things belonged to a freckled girl with vivid, blue eyes that met Alice's own quizzically. Pulling the headphones down so they rested around her neck, the girl switched off her pocketed music player.

"Sorry," she yawned, "whatdidja want?" She pointed to her headphones, indicating that she hadn't heard Alice's original statement, and had only managed to catch her standing there in the corner of her eye. She then took in the nurse's uniform she still wore. "Oh Arceus," she muttered, "please tell me it's good news. Is Shellder going to be okay?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Alice jumped, too, and when she saw the headphones Alice laughed gently in good humour, "Oh! Don't worry, I do that, too." She replied, deciding to take a seat, expression softening when she realised the redhead's mistake, "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not a nurse. My clothes got soaked and muddy outside so they gave me this to change into. If it helps, though, they weren't rushing around and there were no emergency lights, so I'm guessing your Shellder's probably on the mend. I'm probably going to go back up when I've eaten this and drank a bit, so I could go and ask, if you like? My name's Alice, by the way. I just asked if I could sit here, since I'm here by myself..."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Hearing Alice's explanation, the girl sighed. It was hard to place if it was from relief or stress, maybe both. "That's good to hear," she replied, glancing toward the direction of the main counter. "They said my loitering around the counter wasn't helping at all, so they asked me to at least get some food." She smiled, mindlessly picking at her sandwich. "My name's Laura, and it's a pleasure to meet a fellow lone soul. If you don't mind, I'd love to take you up on that offer. I'm worried about him. It, well, it looked bad..." she drifted off and her eyes became blank for the moment, recollecting whatever damage her Shellder had taken. "I feel so bad." The guilt was clear on her face and the smile faded before she blinked and regained her composure, realizing that there was still someone at her table. "Sorry about that, feeling sorry for myself isn't really going to help things."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:14 pm

"Ah. I was told to get some food before everything closed up." Alice said in reply, giving the other girl a sympathetic smile, "I'm a brand new trainer... Just had my first battle out in the storm. It went alright but we caused a bit of a mess. I'm guessing your last fight didn't go so well?" She asked, in a way as if to lend a sympathetic ear, "They won't always, you know. You just have to say sorry and iron out the issues, right? That's what it's all about, I think."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:29 pm

"Kind of," Laura replied, appreciating Alice's sympathies. "I, uh, was on a ferry ride to a different island when the storm hit big, and they decided it would be safer to turn around and travel with the front-end back to Murcott instead of brave through the bad waves. Well, the boat ride managed, but once we hit the island something went wrong." She paused, trying to collect all of her details, "I, uh, always carry Shellder with me because he doesn't like his PokeBall. For a Pokemon with a shell surrounding him, he can be really picky about his personal space," she chuckled, "well, once we hit the island I- I guess some wild Pokemon were upset over the weather. The next thing I knew, there was this big scorpion-like Pokemon I'd never seen before. It charged right for us, but Shellder jumped right out of my arms and clamped down on one set of its claws and wouldn't let go. He fought it off long enough for the passengers to get past safely but, well, he wasn't nearly as strong as the big bug Pokemon and he got so hurt. If it wasn't for his shell helping to take hit I- I don't know what would have happened. One of the sailor's Pokemon was able to finally drive the Pokemon away, but Shellder was already beaten up really badly."

She exhaled slowly, glad to have gotten her story out. "I feel like it's my fault, all I could do was stand there and watch and worry. I just don't know what I'd do if he didn't make it through... he did so much." Her eyes were watering, and she wiped them with the sleeve of her sweatshirt. "And here I am blabbing while you're probably worried too. Your first battle is a big one! I'm glad you and your Pokemon made it alright, I couldn't imagine what it was like in this sort of weather."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:37 pm

"It was gross, to be honest." Alice shared wryly, hoping to cheer Laura up with her princess-like displeasure, "I'm sorry to hear about that, though. Your Shellder sounds really brave and strong, I'm sure he knew that he was going to make it through. He wouldn't leave you all alone in that storm, after all." The rookie reassured with a smile, "Shellos really enjoyed the weather out there, though, I think. But how did you meet your first Pokemon, anyway? Do you have anymore?" After the question was posed, she began munching on her food and sipping on the coke.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:14 am

Laura chuckled at Alice's initial statement and she was grateful for her sympathies. "You definitely don't seem the type to go mud-jumping in the rain," she said with a more brightened tone. The change of subject was a welcomed one, and the redhead didn't hesitate to respond. "Ah, Shellos sounds like a cutie! I've never actually seen one around here. I used to work with a fisherman on a project of re-locating certain species of Water type Pokemon that got a little abundant around certain islands. It was a lot of travel, but one day, we brought up the net and clinging to it was a Shellder that we couldn't pry from out net for the life of us! It turned out that the only way to get him off was to ultimately catch him, and I volunteered since I didn't actually have a Pokemon of my own. Well, that part went okay, but the minute he was finally caught, he burst right out and clung back to the net! Long story short, one of his friends had been caught up in the net, and after sorting through all the Pokemon, I ended up with his Goldeen friend as well. I offered to release the two, but they were oddly adamant about staying with me. My work's done now, so I've been traveling the islands with the two and showing them around."

She paused to take a breath and finish off her sandwich, downing a bottle of water as well. Once done, she looked up to Alice. "What about you, you mentioned Shellos? Is it your first Pokemon? How did you two meet?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Alice listened intently, and the story was far more interesting than just picking a Pokemon from a professor, "Oh, wow! That's super cool! Bless them, though. That must have been so scary for them, thinking they were going to separate like that. They're going to be best friends forever." She acknowledged. Laura's question threw her off, and she hesitated.

"Ah-- yeah, he is. I'll show you him later, if you like. He seems nice enough." This was a dream, wasn't it? Surely there'd be no reprocussions for sharing such things... "Actually, we basically met half an hour ago... I woke up on the shore in the rain, absolutely soaked. With my clothes and this bag, with my medical stuff in and some Heal Balls - which are my favourite, since I love pink, but yeah. He picked up one of the balls and kept getting fed up with me, and I was cold, so we moved into the treeline. But it seems like all of this must be mine, including him, since I don't go around stealing stuff and it had some of my things." She explained, her voice down a bit, rather awkward in her tone, "I only figured out where we were when we came to the Centre and I looked at the signs and popped the TV for my room on. It's kind of-- crazy, sorry. But our meeting was interesting, too, so hey. I'll probably start panicking about everything in the next few hours or so, when the shock wears off."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Laura was silent for a moment, trying to make sense of what Alice had said. At first, she almost believed that Alice had been joking. After all, it sounded a little off-the-walls. But giving Alice a clear look over and the tone of her voice when she spoke it lead her to believe that maybe she wasn't kidding. "That's... really intriguing," she finally responded carefully. "So you don't remember catching your Shellos? That's pretty rough, waking up in a storm like that with no idea of what's going on. Do you think you might have hit your head or something and passed out? That could have had an impact on your memory."

She offered the suggestion, but honestly didn't find it likely. There was no sign of any head pain and Alice wasn't clutching any sort of ice pack. And a blow hard enough to erase memories would have had to at least had some painful damage. "Just try not to have too much of a meltdown," she joked, "people on these islands love new faces, and you'll forever be That Crazy Blond in many tales to come. I guarantee it'll be passed down like legend. Arceus knows I'm already The Ginger to people I've never met before. You'd think there'd be at least some redheads around, but apparently I'm the most noticeable." She was lightening the conversation as her dinner winded down and she finally finished off her water. "Well," she said as she stood up, "As much as I want to stay and chat, I'm going to head to my room to organize a few things. I'm in 102, and I'd love for you to stop by after you've checked up with the nurses for me!" She gave a small, awkward wave and moved her headphones back around her ears as she exited the cafeteria toward the hallway of rooms, leaving Alice alone once more.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:38 pm

"Maybe, but I don't have much of a headache..." Not an unexpected one, at least. Perhaps one born of cold and confusion, but Alice felt generally fine in herself. High bloods could make her head foggy, anyway. "And none of my stuff was damaged."

Alice, too, thought the explanation unlikely to be correct, although she kept it in mind somewhere just incase. She wondered if she was the crazy blonde anyway, if getting up and wandering off was to get stuff done or get away from the crazy girl that was probably herself. Laura was a cute ginger, though, and she probably stood out in these islands, but at least there were other redheads like Rudy the gym leader about. Anyway...

Finishing her food in her lonesome, Alice moved her tray to where it should be and returned upstairs, awaiting assistance at the counter. "Excuse me, how's my Shellos and the wild Venonat? And I told a girl, Laura, that I'd check up on her Shellder and Goldeen for her, too. She's in room 102, I think.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 pm

A nurse wasn't far from the counter to accept Alice's request for assistance, although it was a different one than had helped her initially. She looked bemused for a moment, taking in the sight of a non-worker sharing her uniform. Her eyes were clouded with dark circles and her messy hair was unkempt, most likely due to long hours and little rest. "Let me check the list," she yawned, turning from Alice to consult a computer. A few button clicks later, she turned her head back toward Alice. "According to our systems, Shellos is fully recovered and already returned to the room registered to you, it's likely that he's waiting in there for your return. As for Venonat, his recovery will take longer. He's well now and out of danger, but still not at his full strengths... you mentioned he was wild, do you have plans for the Pokemon? Otherwise, we can release him back to the wilderness once he's made a full recovery."

Pausing, she tapped a few more things into the computer. "It looks like the Goldeen is ready to go, but at the request of the trainer will remain in her Pokeball until Shellder is well enough to be sent back along with her. Despite what the PokeDex may say, a Shellder's shell isn't impenetrable as we'd like it to be, and this one took quite a beating. While the Pokemon itself is fine, we're still working to do our best at repairing the crack in its shell. It is likely that it won't ever be as smoothed and symmetrical as it was, though,  it may have troubles forming its new shell properly upon evolution into Cloyster. We cannot say for certain it will, though, it's just something we have to share as a possibility..." she strummed her fingers against the keys in thought. Just after it was spoke, a Chansey exited one of the back rooms holding a tray of two Pokeballs, conveniently those that belonged to Laura. Recognizing Alice, the Pokemon gave a wave and wandered over to the counter.

"Chansey~" she hummed, setting the tray down. Next to the two balls was a scrawled note labeled '102', making it clear which room they were to go to. There was also a folded note, most likely containing the news already relayed to Alice. "Oh my," murmured the Nurse, "speak of the devil. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind running these over to her? We're pretty busy tonight because of the storm, and I may try a daring escape from all this work if I go down that hallway any more times... those windows... so tempting."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Alice had to give the nurse's question some thought. She felt a little guilty that she had injured the Venonat so much. "It depends on him... If he wants to return to the wild, then he can. But if he wants to come with me, then he can do." She decided, taking a deep breath to cool her nerves. At least Shellos was alright, so Alice would have to think of a name for him. Listening intently to the nurse's explanation, her heart tugged for the poor Shellder as well. The reality of such things - if this was all real - was so very harsh. Laura loved her Pokemon so much. Why would she have to be reminded of his close call everyday?

"Sure, I can do that." The trainer offered, taking the Poke Balls and the notes that came with them. Alice laughed along with the nurse, but had plenty of sympathies for her, too. "I really don't blame you. I'm not a nurse, but let me know if there's anything I can do. You guys do some crazy work, it's brilliant and I admire that. I could run errand girl for you for a bit, it's not like I can go anywhere!" Alice pointed out cheerily, "I'll get these along to Laura, so take care, all of you."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:58 pm

"I'll be sure to have one of the Chansey relay that to the Venonat," the nurse replied, typing the request into the computer the rubbing her eyes to maintain focus. She, too, took a deep breath. "I'll be sure to send someone for you if we need an extra hand," she smiled at the prospect, anything to lighten the workload was welcomed. "For now, just be sure to get those Pokemon delivered safely!" she said it jokingly. Of all places there could be danger, the Pokemon Center was the least likely to house it.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 pm

"Yes, miss!" Alice gave a playful salute, and with that she was off at a cheerful skip. She tried not to run or jog too much, given that she looked like a demented, terrified Piplup when she did either of those things. Alice first stopped off at her own room to collect her Shellos, putting the goods down to hug her Pokemon (and get covered in some purple goo-- nice, Alice wouldn't squish him so hard next time...) and brightly explain their errand to him before heading to 102. When the rookie did, she rapped her fist at the door, "Laura, it's me! I've got your Goldeen and some notes and stuff~~"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:00 pm

"C-Come in!" Laura invited, a little startled from the sudden knock. Heavy footsteps traveled toward the door, and the lock slid open with a slight clang. She had almost forgotten that she was waiting for someone, and only just managed to take her headphones off to actually listen for the door, a lucky break.

Once Alice entered, she'd be greeted by a messy clutter of papers haphazardly strewn around the room with no organization that could be comprehended by anyone but the person who put them there. There were sketches of various native Pokemon, people, and places as well as scrawled, almost illegible notes written over every surface of the pages. Whatever the girl was doing now, since she didn't speak of her current work, it was clear that it was being done for a long while with little room for error or overlooking a fact. There were also a couple of printed maps of the various islands nearby, marked up with some sort of system to show a variety of things and statistics. Laura was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the mess, drawing on a paper that wasn't as filled as the rest.

"Oh, they're healed!" she exclaimed once she set eyes on the tray Alice carried. She tossed the pencil that had been in her hand onto a stack of of papers and set the paper she had been sketching on aside as well while she got to her feet. She happily retrieved the two Pokeballs and tossed them safely onto the bed so she had a free hand to grab and read the letter the nurses wrote. It didn't take long for her to exhale a long sigh and look toward Shellder's ball. "The poor guy..." deciding it wasn't the best time to spend furiously apologizing to her Pokemon, she instead forced a smile toward Alice. "Thank you, for checking up on them and bringing them here. I see your Shellos made a full recovery, that's good."

She opened her mouth, as if wanting to say something else but deciding against it. Picking the best way to word the thought, she finally decided what to say. "This will sound weird but, uh, be... careful. I feel as if something bad is going to happen soon and, I uh, well, I'm rarely wrong about it." She glanced down, not wanting to meet skeptical or judgmental eyes as was often the case after she spoke of these sorts of things. "You can laugh if you want, just, ah, try to take it a little seriously."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:06 pm

"No worries, it's cool." Alice replied, peering through the translucent spheres to look upon the resting creatures. When Laura gave her warning, the young woman's stomach knotted tight, and her Pokemon peered up at her with an innocent blankness, although he was far from dumb. "I just sat and told you about how I woke up with a Pokemon, in a tropical storm, with no memories. I'm surprised you're actually willing to talk to me right now. I'll believe you." She replied. Besides, this was the world of Pokemon, where espers were frequent, ghosts were real and aura and magic filled everything. It was hardly far-fetched. "But if you don't mind me asking, what's going on in here? It all looks pretty interesting."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:37 pm

"That is true," Laura chuckled, "but I have to admit that to understand all this," she gestured toward all the papers and writing, "you also have to realize that I'm not one to brag about being normal. Maybe that's why I believed you so easily. I've been, ah, 'blessed' with an ability that's best described as precognition. I get feelings when things aren't quite right. I don't dream, either, instead I have visions. Random people, Pokemon, things... they're never pleasant. I can't really control it, either. Sometimes it's something little, like them breaking their leg. Sometimes it's... worse."

She paused for a moment, stretching her arms and moving to the bed where her Pokemon rested and sat beside them. "I used to take enough meds for me to blackout at night. It was nice not to see... all of it, but I felt guilty. In a few of my visions, I've actually been able to make it in time to stop what happened. Whether it be phoning the authorities or just going myself to warn people. Most people just brush  it off, but I'd like to think it's helped. I know I've been there for a bunch of wild Pokemon, it's pretty easy to spook them from going somewhere that would lead to trouble." She smiled, reminiscing.

"I may have been a little false with my story before. Most of it was true, but I was actually on the ferry to try and stop something. Unlike other dreams, this one wasn't very clear, I know there were people involved on Golden Island but I couldn't see any of their faces. There's some sort of fight or something there and it... doesn't end well for one of the people. It happens around dusk, but I don't know the day or really anything else. It's strange, and I can't just call the cops with such a vague story that may not happen until a month's time so I decided to go myself. Of course, the boat had to turn around, and I was too preoccupied with trying to figure out how to get to Golden Island that I though the feeling I got was because of that. I have this power and I couldn't even save my own damn Pokemon when it came down to it." She looked at Shellder's ball, sighing.

"All these papers are the things I've seen, or snippets of them. My visions have been off lately, not at all as clear as the ones I have before, and the minor incidences are less and less. I started taking notes because I can't even remember them half the time anymore. Trying to find where they are and what's involved is getting harder and harder, so I've just been putting so much more effort into it. And after what happened with Shellder, I just don't want anyone to feel as sad as I do when I have the power to try and make their suffering never happen... it's, well, I'm just not sure what to do besides trying to figure it all out. I have the ability, after all, it's my responsibility. Arceus knows why it was me of all people."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:47 pm

If it was anywhere else but here, Alice would've thought it was bullshit. In fact, she would've felt plain uncomfortable about the entire conversation. As it was, she trusted Laura. Maybe it was quick and naive, but if the girl was willing to spout all of this so seriously, then perhaps Alice could safely relay her own situation without judgement. "No, it's alright. I believe you. Even if it is odd-- most people don't have abilities like that unless they've trained with psychics or own psychic Pokemon and bonded well with them. But this is a crazy world, and there's plenty of them, so of course anything can happen. Our beast of the sea is part psychic, after all."

Alice shifted to pull a chair from the desk and sit, apologising for being so presumptuous, but admitting that her back hurt. Honestly, she wasn't in the best shape physically or mentally, but Alice tried not to show it. It just didn't feel easy to show her whole self to others, particularly the darkest and most negative depths of her wrecked soul. "But since you've been honest with me, I'll be completely honest with you. -- I mentioned other worlds before. You know, how legendary Pokemon like Mew, Deoxys, Dialga and Palkia can travel around them, or the Unown. I come from another world. Where Pokemon aren't real, they're just made up. Like fiction stories." She peered over at Shellos, who was tilting his head and peering at her in puzzlement, "I went to bed, and I woke up in the sand... Where I'm from, it's really cold and pretty miserable. I've kind of been going with everything like it's just a dream. But everything feels real. And I'm not waking up. So..." She trailed off, then added jokingly, "I was thinking of going to Valencia Island next to visit Professor Ivy if I don't just hide somewhere and cry. Maybe we could go to Golden Island together. Or afterwards. I mean, we're both so messed up, I'm pretty sure between us we might almost make a normal person who can handle just about anything."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:01 pm

"Yeah, trust me, I'd love to not have this power, and I wish I could say it was impossible. Guess I won the wrong lottery," Laura confessed. She listened to Alice's story solemnly and without interruption. Her eyes fell onto Shellos when Alice's did, then moved to her own Pokeballs. Her hand naturally rested on Shellder's, deciding to release him after the conversation winded down. "That sounds like an interesting world," she commented, "it seems like it'd be lonely without Pokemon. I just hope this isn't a dream, my life doesn't feel like one, but then again, I'm not really the authority of what makes a dream," she chuckled.

"If it helps, even this is a dream, maybe it's an important one. Like the ones I have. Maybe you have something important to do... or maybe when you go to sleep next, you'll wake back up in your world. I guess all we can do is ride these sorts of things out." She wasn't judging Alice or adamantly denying the prospect of it being a dream. They were both crazy, after all, and she was a girl that saw the future. Anything was possible.

"Traveling with someone might be nice for a change," Laura mused, "and I think it would be a good idea to visit Professor Ivy. If you're going to travel around with Shellos, you may as well get registered and get a PokeDex for as long as this lasts. What happens on Golden Island could be tonight, and we'd be too late if that's the case. I can't guarantee it'll be the next night, anyway, so one day couldn't hurt. I'd rather help someone in the now then potentially waste time on waiting on something that may not happen. Those couple nights might also help me pinpoint when it'll actually happen. Does that sound like a plan?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:17 pm

"Yeah... That's true. But it's nice to have someone that I can talk to about this kind of stuff, even if I wonder us indulging ourselves like this might be unhealthy..." Alice added awkwardly. Laura seemed genuine, but Alice often doubted her own sanity and stability. If this lasted, it was probably because she was whited out in a room with a straitjacket on, not because it was real. Her eyes fell onto the Shellder with intrigue, but before she could make a fuss, Shellos had slithered over, butting her hand for more attention, envious because of the neglect.

"Hey, it's okay. I love you the most, I didn't forget you." Alice insisted, popping the squishy creature onto her lap as she sat back, tickling and petting the strange Pokemon. He was all gooey and weird-- but he was her gooey and weird thing, so she'd adapt. "That sounds perfect to me. It'd be cool if I could get a pokedex, since I don't think many trainers are allowed them. Maybe I could catch some Pokemon as we go, too. I don't know if Venonat will want to stay, but there are some bug Pokemon that I really like! I just hope they aren't rare here. Pineco's really common in Johto, but I dunno about anywhere else..."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Laura laughed at Shellos's grab for attention, running her hand along her Shellder's shell as usual as she did so, but sucking in a startled breath as her hand grazed the uneven crook of the still-cracked shell. It wasn't nearly as bad as it was before they rushed to the Center, but the nursing staff could only do so much, and he had a lot of healing to do on his own. Not that the water type seemed to care. He looked perfectly content and happy with sitting in his trainer's lap and peering at Alice and Shellos curiously. This attitude of his seemed to do wonders for Laura's own morale.

"I've heard Professor Ivy loves young, sharp minds. I'm sure she'd give you a Dex if you charm her enough. And if you're in the market for bugs, there's plenty on the way! They were lacking and agitated from the storm, but it'll probably wind down long before morning. I've seen Pineco around here and there, and the storm probably made them cling to trees even more so than usual. I'd bet there's at least some hanging around the treetops, literally. If you'd like, we can go looking for some early in the morning before the passenger boats leave. I'm not sure when the one heading to Valencia makes its rounds, but I bet someone at the port does. So, uh, do we want to call it a night and meet in the lobby at a certain time?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:16 pm

"Oh, god. I hate mornings..." Alice confessed bitterly. However, if it meant catching a Pineco or one of her other favourite bugs (although she doubted that they lived in this region-- especially Larvesta), it'd be worth going out, wouldn't it? Assuming that Venonat wished not to stay. "That sounds like a plan, though. Should we catch breakfast here as soon as it's served and then head out? What time is that?"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:30 pm

"Ah, I feel you there," Laura said, "until I started working more demanding, traveling jobs I was in the same boat. Getting up early if a force of habit for me now, though. Pokemon help, too, I'm sure even a deep sleeper will get up if a Pokemon like Shellos tries hard enough to get them to," she winked toward Alice's partner, "breakfast would be a good start. I believe they serve earliest at 6 am, but we can probably call 7 a good time since an extra hour won't kill us and it'll still be early enough. They provide to-go packets of PokeFood, if we want to pick some of that up as well." She started to yawn, not realizing how much time had passed. "Wow, all that stress did a number on my energy... maybe tonight will be clearer than last night at least. It's something, I suppose."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next