Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes and Illusions!~

5 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ashes and Illusions!~ - Page 2 Empty Re: Ashes and Illusions!~

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 09, 2016 9:11 am

"Hey, be careful with him!" Tormod said as they removed Muarim's armor, the large man not resisting.

"Tormod, we should do this. It will be a steady source of funding, despite the risk." The large man stepped forward to take one of the small bags. "I apologize for my young friends rudeness commander." Muarim said, nodding to the man. Tormod groaned and walked forward, taking another one of the bags while grumbling. Jonathon was a bit more apprehensive, especially with the notion of death. However, it seemed like if he wanted answers, he'd have to do this.

"Alright, I'll do it." He said, stepping forward and taking the bag. "I don't know how long it'll be before I might regret this, but I'll do it." He said, taking the bag.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Mon May 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Deramoto looked at Bri calmly and emotionless, but on the inside he was showing a lot of surprise and caution. First was him telling everyone what we will be doing or what we could do instead... fighting as an army to kill monsters? Or we could be slaves? Why couldn't we simply go out and chop wood? Maybe simply farm? Next was his scare tactic against a man named Tormod, he wondered if he would actually kill the kid if he wanted to. Last, his description on what is going on... at least with what the book was stating.

Although all of this was weird, he watched four people grab a bag and he decided to follow suit. He made one huge sigh and walked over "I'll take my leave now, thank you for explaining the situation" he said as he walked outside into the open, he sat next to the building to think of what to do now... none of this did seem normal, but how could he know? He can't remember his past anyways.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Mon May 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Anzan was somewhat satisfied with the answers he was given as was the rest of his group as though incomplete it was probably the best they were gonna get from this headcase. Anzan then stepped up to the desk and said to Brit "I guess it works for me Brit, but, I swear you do anything to mess with me, or my friends, and it'll be followed by deep regret, see ya round" picking up a coin bag and giving Brit a look of somewhat disdain before walking away and waiting by the door for the others to make their decisions, Ryuko was next to approach the table after patting Daikan on the back and said to Brit "I may not trust you, at all, but, what I do know is that I'm gonna need money to get by in this weird place so I'll do it" she then smirked at Brit and picked up a coin bag of her own before walking over and joining Anzan, saying "Just take a deep breath and do what you feel is right" as she passed Daikan. Daikan then took a deep breath and before he was about to go up Seishin made his move to the desk saying "I.. I may not be a fighter.. but to be honest; with me not knowing what I am.. I have no better options.. Commander" picking up a coin bag too and moving to Anzan and Ryuko's sides calmly. Daikan took another deep breath hoping for no more interruptions so that he could hold his nerve moving up to the desk and remarking "This isn't what I want to do.. but.. this is what I have to do.. and what I will do.. to survive" picking up his own coin bag and moving over to the group.

The group then moved outside, where they passed Deramoto and went and stood by a nearby well, Anzan and Ryuko leaning against it calmly putting their money into their pockets. Seishin then said "Are we really going to join the army?" managing to not stutter "Well we took the money so by that reckoning man we already have; now anyone know what we do next? after all it's not like any of us got a map or know our way round this place" Seishin nodded "I guess you're right and he didn't really explain that part" starting to warm up to and feel more confident around his new.. friends? he wondered if that's what they were. Ryuko looked to Daikan and said "I'm proud of ya and I promise you ain't gonna lose me, not any time soon at least" smiling at him, a smile which he returned somewhat proud of himself.

They then all looked around waiting for... well something to happen, anything that may indicate what the hell it is they were supposed to do next. `That asshole Brit, just expecting us to sign up and leaving us out here now with nothing to do now what the heck's his problem in fact the only thing he's done right so far is put that Tormod asshole is his place` Anzan thought furrowing his brow as he done so and tugging at his jacket.
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 10, 2016 8:03 am

(You all are now relieved of your NPCs! o3o Good job!)

Eve picked up her pouch; she was the last one, and made to leave. She had initially intended to wait for Bri to leave, for he was evidently 'busy', but when she turned, she only saw him leer at her. She paused momentarily, then gently let herself out. Some of the starting group was still there, exchanging touching vows of loyalty. She wryly smiled, and made her way towards the group. Not to talk, no. She simply passed by them, heading down the street, trying to look confident.

Firstly, she'd information. The history book was interesting, and looked as though she could gain much knowledge from it, but she'd only read as much as she'd spoken. However, the fact that a war was fought meant that weapons were manufactured. If she was to fight, too, she'd need weapons. By now, the sun had climbed higher into the sky - thankfully a 'normal' sun, though she knew not what normal was.

(Crap, suddenly remembered nobody got their Crimson Moon badges. Eh well, let's say it's inside the pouch)

She inspected the pouch. It seemed too bulky to hold just coins, and while large, it was also significantly heavy. She opened it, and found an odd, axe-head shaped badge - simply a metal piece with a metal chain passing through it - with a Crimson Moon on its face. The back read 'Voluteer trainee'. Was there, she wondered, a higher rank? If there was, reaching it would be their goal.

She soon found herself a promising weapons shop. Entering it, she politely knocked on the wooden door. A man soon entered - judging by his apparel that consisted of a loose shirt, black pants, a large apron and a hammer in his hands, he was likely also a blacksmith. "...H-Hello. I'd like to buy some weapons." Eve managed, after some trouble with getting the words out. She clearly wasn't too used to interaction.

"Right, lass. What Class are you?" Eve blinked. What was this man asking? "...Sorry?" She evidently looked as puzzled as she felt, for the man burst out laughing. "New, are you? That Brit never explains anything, huh?" Eve managed a wan smile. "Right, lass. Here, I'll lend you this book. It'll do better than this old coot trying to explain it. You must be having 10 silver? It's too little to buy any real weapons." The man smiled genially and returned to his work.

Eve blinked again; people were too trusting. Still, 20 minutes later, she stopped flipping through the book. So Classes were simply a representative of certain guilds. There were several guilds, but if she was to fight, she was limited to a only a few. And as a trainee soldier, her goal now was to earn the rank of the immediate higher full-fledged member. Bri had not told them much, but he had told them what they needed. "Excuse me, thank you! I'll be leaving now!"

The man popped his head back out and gave her a smile. "Right! And don't worry! Us Altana people are friendly!" Evidently these circumstances were not seen the first time in Grimgar. And this town's name was Altana. Right. Eve set off at a brisk pace towards the Headquarters. For the first time, she began noticing the town.

There were areas where buildings made of stone lined the streets and there were areas filled with nothing but wooden ones. The cobblestone street was full of so many twists and turns that it was difficult to see where it led. Muddy water flowed down narrow waterways along both sides of the broad road, but not in any great amount. Now and then, a stench that might have been human waste filled her nose, but after a while of walking she didn't seem to notice it anymore.

But, somehow, Eve found her way back. The group was still there. With a curt nod, she passed them and tried the door. Wonder of wonders, it was locked. Eve glared at the wood with a hint of sarcasm and stepped back, wondering her next step. Her stomach rumbled lightly. Oh. Her hand rested on her midsection. She was hungry.

(Next update: Yorozu bank! Also, if you choose to interact with her, she currently has the most information, it seems.)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Tue May 10, 2016 5:23 pm

(Already been discussed but remaining control of Daikan and Ryuko for a few more posts as know how I'm gonna let them go in a way that makes sense rather than just a disappearance)

Anzan, Seishin, Daikan and Ryuko had all been just regularly and sociably chatting about what each of them were going to do next whilst in this weird `Grimgar` place. Daikan and Ryuko were planning on sticking together as were Anzan and Seishin but further than that their plans were non-existent. Anzan then noticed the girl who had left only a short while ago returning from somewhere that made them curious `where had she gone? does she know her way around?` Anzan then with his great eyesight and hearing noticed her grabbing her stomach and heard a quiet rumble. He then said to the others "One second guys I'm just gonna go check something real quick" before making his way over to Eve quietly and saying "Hey there I'm Anzan, I just noticed that you looked hungry" indicating to her hand wanting to not embarrass her by bringing up the stomach rumble "I was wondering if you wanted to join us in going and finding somewhere to eat perhaps? We're all hungry, after all it's been a... long day" smiling at her trying to be friendly.

He then looked at Deramoto sitting down next to the building and continued "You're of course welcome to come along too the way I see it we've gotta look out for each other; you know with us all being in the same boat so to speak" he held out a hand for Deramoto to either shake or help get up. He didn't know why he suddenly became the `Sociable` one he just seemed to not like the others he'd seen and with them all relate-able to him he felt a connection of some sort. Ryuko said to Seishin and Daikan "I wonder what he's up to with those two?" only hearing bits and pieces of the conversation but hearing about food and asking the others "You two hungry too? Anzan seems to make a good point I feel like I have eaten in years" her hand moving to her stomach, Seishin and Daikan looked at each other and done the same Seishin replying "Yeah I've gotta admit I feel the same" Daikan nodding. The trio then moved over to Anzan, Eve and Deramoto and waiting a few feet away from them. Ryuko noticed someone else Anzan must've missed and quickly moved to ask "Hey there you wanna tag along as well? The more the merrier I say whilst we sort things out about this place" the person in question being Jonathon.
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Wed May 11, 2016 4:10 am

Deramoto watched Eve scatter off into the distance, he felt like following, but getting to understand a group is better than knowing one person, so he remained. Though when she returned, she tried to open enter the shop, with the door being locked. Maybe she knows something and wants more questions? She was the only one that looked into the book, she must've seen more. Then Eve grabbed a hold of her stomach, hunger isn't a new concept, this is something he can remember, but why only stuff like this? Why not his past? Just then, his thoughts were interrupted, "You're of course welcome to come along too the way I see it we've gotta look out for each other; you know with us all being in the same boat so to speak" said someone who is holding his hand out to him. Deramoto looked at him with an emotionless face, hiding away his questioning looks, he stood up straight and shook his hand, the other person seemed to be taller, but not by much. "I agree, we probably should get to know each other a little more as well, food is a great way to solve this."
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 12, 2016 9:12 am

The pair of Tormod and Muarim quickly ran off without saying anything to the rest of the group, Jonathon didn't even see them go. "So, now what?" He said to the group that was still there, looking around. He felt the mark on his hand began to warm and glow. "Uh...guys, something's going on here..." His hand soon became engulfed in a strange flame like energy that felt cool to him. He stared at it for a while until it eventually tapered out and the mark stopped glowing. "That...That was weird...Anyone have any idea what just happened to me?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu May 12, 2016 11:36 am

(What's going on with the mark? You have watched the anime, right? xD On the other hand, if its his (eventually) casting hand, you could have something going... o3o Hmm.)

Eve quickly whipped around as she was caught off-guard. One of the males of the group was speaking to her. While he extended a rhetorical hand of friendship, she contemplated sharing the information she had just collected. This individual had been kind to her, making friendly advances; she took a moment to study him. While he was predictably at least a head taller to her, they shared a similar shade of brown for their hair. Her green eyes met his brown ones for a moment before she moved on. Glancing around him, she noted with grim amusement that all the four others were taller than her. He had formed quite a merry band of people, with four other people besides him. She opened her mouth to spill, but was silenced by a significantly louder growl emerging from her oh so treacherous stomach. She turned a bright shade of red and lowered her head to have her lengthy hair hide her embarrassment. Alright, so maybe food first. She thought she saw a stall selling meat...

Her stomach felt like a hard, flat surface under her hand, betraying to her exactly how hungry she was. She again breathed in as though to speak, paused, then nodded, evidently giving consent to joining in for food. Seeing that he seemed to be a sort of representative of the group, where he went, the group went. She reached out and grabbed his sleeve, and silently pulled him towards the kebab stall.

(Sorry, just running on the assumption that everyone follows >.< Wanted to speed things up; so much to do!)

Coming to a standstill, Eve had walked slowly so far, mustering courage with each step. The man at the stall - labelled Dory's - looked up with a pleasant grin. "...H-How much for one kebab?" Eve asked in her characteristic low voice, holding out one silver coin from her pouch. Asking for one unit seemed to be the standard procedure for determining costs. "4 coppers, sweetie. Hey, now, that's too much." He pointed to the silver coin. "One silver is worth a hundred coppers. So you could buy 25 kebabs with that, but I don't have change; why don't you go exchange it at the bank?" He showed her a copper coin and pointed to a large, white building in what she assumed to be the town centre; it towered over the other residential buildings, looking almost monumental.

Eve ran a quick calculation while staring at the 'bank'. One silver got them 25 kebabs, so 10 silver would get her 250 kebabs. Each looked big enough for a single meal, and if eating 3 meals a day, she could make the 10 silver last for over 2 months. But if what she'd read in the book was true...

She turned a beseeching look towards Anzan, clearly asking begging him to go along with her. Though, of course, if he had no wish to...she turned and walked down the streets towards the building. ((Feel free to have him tag along if you want, but any dialogue you might want to add will be troublesome o3o Just whisper to her after they've left?))

Walking up the steps, Eve noted the sign outside said Yorozu bank. Maybe because of how early it was, the bank had minimal customers, and Eve quickly found herself at a counter, staring down at a...ten-year old girl? She sat quiet, and dignified, in an enormous leather chair.

Her clothes were a flashy red and white with gold highlights. She wore a golden monocle and held a golden tobacco pipe in one hand. Her attitude also seemed as grand as her appearance.

“Hm.” The girl took a puff on the pipe as she scrutinized Eve. “I’ve never seen you before. First time?”

“…Yes,” Eve replied timidly.

“From your appearance, you’re a Crimson Moon trainee. I see. Just arrived, have you?” The girl stood up on the chair and slapped her knee. “I’m Yorozu. Fourth generation. I flawlessly memorize the first and last names, facial appearance, deposits and balances, and all transaction records of all clients. However, I also keep paper records for the sake of those whose memories aren’t as perfect as mine. Enough of the introductions; let’s open your account. Your name?”

"...Er, Eve. It's Eve."

“I see,” Yorozu leaned forward, opened an account book that had been lying on the counter, and began to scribble something into it with a feather pen. “Done. Now you may begin to do business with Yorozu’s Bank.”

Eve stole a quick glance at the book and indeed, on a brand new page “Eve” was written in elegant handwriting. The girl looked up to gaze at Yorozu for a minute - she may have had a small stature, but ten years old she was not. Probably significantly older than ten.

Ignoring her height and looking more closely, he noticed she had very distinct features. Blue eyes as delicate as finely crafted glass, soft pink lips—she was quite a beauty, actually.

“What?” Yorozu puckered her lips and suddenly turned her head to the side with a huff. “My face isn’t something you need to be staring at, Ms. Lack-of-Manners.”

“S-sorry.”

“Let’s make something clear.” Yorozu thrust her pipe right in front of Eve’s nose. “This fourth generation Yorozu might be young, but she is a flawless Yorozu. Engrave it on your skull and don’t make the mistake of underestimating me. Also, Eve, I have you perfectly memorized as rude and impolite.”

“…Can you please forget about that?”

“Not possible. A Yorozu is a Yorozu, so she doesn’t forget. If a Yorozu forgets, she must resign her position to the next Yorozu. That is the law governing all Yorozus.”

“That’s pretty harsh…” Eve glanced around the room. She was the only customer at the moment. No other bank employees were to be seen either. “Would you happen to be the only employee at Yorozu’s Bank?”

“Inconceivable. I’m the bank’s representative President and CEO. Transportation of money and goods, various areas of specialty, warehouse maintenance, and the like are handled by a large number of clerks, workers, and apprentices who work here. Do you know what kind of business we run?”

“Err, money deposits, changing money, and stuff like that.”

“Not just money. Goods as well. In the case of cash, we charge a deposit fee of 1% of the total amount. In the case of goods, the fee is 2% the value of the object as determined by our professional appraisers.”

“One percent…” So for every one hundred coppers deposited, one would be taken as a fee. “Isn’t that just plain expensive?”

“If that’s your opinion”—Yorozu drew on her pipe—“then don’t deposit your money here. It’s no skin off my nose. But allow me to say that a reserve force soldier like you will eventually see the value of our services. So then, Ms. Lack-of-Manners, what business brings you here today?”

“...Ms. Lack-of-Manners…” Eve repeated. Was she going to be called that from now on?

She took out one—no, she had better make it two—silver coins from the leather pouch. “I wanted to get these changed to coppers.”

“Hmph. Amazingly, we offer money changing services at no charge. Two silvers is two hundred coppers, but you do realize how cumbersome that is to carry, Ms. Lack-of-Manners?”

“Ah,” Eve recalled the bronze coins shown to him by Dory Kebab’s potbellied man. They were pretty small, but two hundred coins probably added up to a pretty hefty weight. “I see. And walking around with this much money is probably rather dangerous. So that’s why people pay the fee to store their money here.”

“Indeed. I can instantly calculate amounts down to one hundredth of a copper, so the fee for depositing one copper is one hundredth of a copper. I memorize that and record it in your account book. When the total reaches one copper, we deduct it from your account. So don’t even try to get away with things like depositing 99 copper, one copper at a time.”

“In other words, don’t try to cheat the system. Fine, I get it,” Eve said, and placed one silver coin on the counter. “Can you just change this into coppers then?”

“Certainly.” Yorozu struck a bell that was on the counter using her tobacco pipe.

A young boy dressed in silver-lined clothing emerged from a door in the back of the room. Yorozu didn’t say a word, just signaled something with her hand. The boy bowed silently once then disappeared through the door again. In a few moments, he emerged again carrying a black tray. On the tray were bronze coins. He placed them on the counter, then withdrew once more.

“One hundred coppers. You may take them now, Ms. Lack-of-Manners.”

“Can you stop calling me that?” Eve muttered, taking the coins and stuffing them inside the leather pouch. The bronze coins were only about the size of the tip of one’s pinky, but a hundred of them filled the pouch to nearly bursting. “Pretty heavy considering the size; this might not fit in my pocket.”

Yorozu snorted. “You may deposit any amount right away if you wish. You may lack manners, but our motto is to value each and every customer.”

“I’m fine for now. Kind of inconvenient, but I’ll just hold on to it.”

“I see,” Yorozu took another puff from her pipe. “Please feel free to come back whenever you need our services, Ms. Lack-of-Manners. Our business hours are from seven in the morning to seven in the evening and we are open all year round. Whatever you need, whenever you need it, this fourth-generation Yorozu is ready to process your requests at the service counter.”

“Whenever? What about lunch breaks?”

“No such thing. I’m here from seven o’clock to seven o’clock. That’s the law governing Yorozus.”

“…Have a good day then.”

It was a tough job, Eve thought as she left Yorozu’s Bank, but taking into consideration her small size, she was a very hard working person. Her stomach growled again. Meat. Meat kebabs were waiting for him.

(Next update: Exploring the town a bit!)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Thu May 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Deramoto was following Eve, atleast around when she left to exchange her money, when he arrived, he listened to the whole conversation, making sure to remember all of it. He came for two reasons, one, exchange his money, he needs to eat too and he won't let anyone buy him any food, two, try to see if Eve has any information he should receive as well. When she was all done, Deramoto walked in to do the same thing "I would like to open up an account, trade two silvers in for 200 coppers, and give 99 coppers to hold onto and one for you to keep" he said. When he was done, he quickly walked out and continued to follow Eve, he isn't sure if anyone else came along, but in case they didn't, he will be willing help pay for food.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Thu May 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Anzan, Seishin, Daikan and Ryuko all had followed Eve assuming she knew her way around and listened in on what the Dory's Merchant said to Eve, nodding slowly and remaining quiet as Eve seemed to take lead which was perfectly fine by them, as at the moment she seemed the most clued in on things. They then followed her to the Yorozu Bank listening in and allowing her to do her own thing, quietly learning and memorizing what Yorozu had said about the bank's policies and things. Anzan frowned when Yorozu began calling Eve `Ms. Lack-Of-Manners` but managed to keep quiet at least for now.

Upon Eve's completion of her registration Ryuko, Seishin and Daikan all done same thing as each other giving Yorozu their names, trading 2 silvers for 200 coppers and banking 99 coppers whilst leaving the bank their 1 copper fee. Once they were all done Anzan stepped up saying "I'm Anzan and please forgive my friend, I know you believe she lacks manners but you just mis-interpreted her intentions you see we haven't much knowledge of the way things work around here or any memory of anything so it's new to us all. Anyway as I asked may you please forgive her and stop calling her Ms. Lack-Of-Manners" he half-smiled at the Yorozu hoping that his request would be accepted and before he forgot he quickly said "Oh and may I please trade in two silvers and leave you with 99 coppers plus the one for your fee?" placing two silvers onto the counter in front of her and waiting. He didn't know whether he had overstepped the mark but knew that he couldn't just stand for his friend being insulted in such a way.

(Don't worry once this is sorted I'll quickly post again allowing us to grab food and continue your plan of the group exploring the town a bit)
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu May 12, 2016 4:42 pm

Jonathon watched the banking happen and chuckled at the comments made towards Evie. "Hi, I'd like to do what they've been doing I suppose." He reached into the pouch and pulled out 2 silver, setting them on the counter and sliding them over. "I'll trade in one for one hundred copper and the other I'll store for 99 and one." The banker nodded and then slid a pouch back to Jonathon who picked it up and tied it to his belt. "Thank you." He nodded to the banker and turned to the rest of his little group, his own stomach rumbling. "So...food?" He asked the group, forcing a smile.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri May 13, 2016 2:26 am

Eve found it surprising that Anzan was sticking up for her, even venturing to call her a 'friend'. Well. While the female wasn't sure how she felt about it yet, she tugged on his sleeve again to come away. "It's fine...besides, she's just doing her job." She said quietly, refusing to turn away again and persisted pulling on his shirt edge onc he had his silver exchanged.

(Note here: Just added in the 'Lack of manners' part because it was there in the LN and to show that they don't forget xD Also, Yorozu is an NPC so feel free to control her to complete your withdrawals/deposits)

Eve was smaller in stature to Anzan, so it was obviously questionable whether she could drag him away by force, but by main force of persisting, she'd eventually lead him away. "...I'm hungry." She said plaintively, looking at the kebab stall.

She took the time to glance around; to the north, a huge castle-like tower soared into the sky. It made for a good landmark. Too good a landmark to be forgotten. Already she remembered a somewhat embarrassing encounter she had while making her way back to the Crimson Moon Headquarters.

(Decided to stuff the town geography here in a flashback!)
~~~

Past a spotlessly clean public square stood the lofty stone tower. The buildings surrounding it were mostly two stories high, with a few three storied buildings here and there. The shorter buildings might have made the tower seem even taller in contrast, but even so, it was huge.

It was a magnificent structure. It looked extremely sturdily built and its windows and gate were adorned with finely crafted decorations. Beside the gate and here and there around the public square stood men covered in armor, standing guard, wielding spears in one hand and shields in the other. Such a heavily guarded building probably meant that someone high ranking lived there; the governor maybe, Eve thought.

While she stood in the middle of the square, staring wide-eyed at the sight before him, a guard approached, armor clanking with the sound of metal on metal.

“What are you doing here? Do you have business with Tenbourou Tower?”

“Tenbourou? Err, no. No business…”

“Then leave. Or do you wish to be arrested on sight as a disturber of the peace of his Excellency, the Earl of Altana?”

“Uh, no, I don’t want to be arrested… Right. Sorry, I’ll go.”

Eve hurriedly left the square. She couldn’t be sure, but apparently the tower called Tenbourou housed the person who was this frontier city’s earl. She got the feeling that she had successfully collected his first piece of information about this place. But anyone who lived in such a conspicuous building would have been known by all the residents here.

“Altana. Earl of Altana. His Excellency. Tenbourou Tower. Frontier… Frontier Army. Crimson Moon. Reserve Force…” Eve whispered all the foreign words to herself as she continued to make her way back to the Headquarters.

As she walked, the number of people on the street started to increase little by little. Shops. She had arrived in an area where shop stands and street stalls were crammed next to each other on both sides of the road. While some of the stands were still being prepared, more than half were already open for business. Food stands, clothing shops, sundries, all kinds of goods in large numbers could be found. The loud voices of lively merchants promoting their wares echoed through the street.

“A marketplace?” Eve said to herself.

As if someone was luring him in, Eve found herself heading into the marketplace. The level of liveliness was amazing. The prices of all items were written as 1C, 3C, 12C, and so on. She could read the price tags well enough, but had no idea what it all actually meant. The merchants called out to her, “You ma'am, how would you like to buy…” or “You ma'am, come take a look at…” But Eve avoided them and hurried on her way, cursing herself for her timidity even as she did so.

~~~

Eve blinked again, her memory disappearing, and taking a look back at the group, took a step down the stairs to encourage the group to move towards the meat stall. On second glance, the meat stall did not stand alone. Food… A stand over there was grilling kebabs which was Dory's Kebabs, something was bubbling in a huge pot in another stand, a mountain of bread was stacked in yet another stand. Some sort of sandwiches there, meat buns over that way… The steam, the smoke, the smell. Eve blinked twice, rapidly.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Fri May 13, 2016 4:30 am

Deramoto just kept following along with everyone, but he was now thinking about things, he got more information about the people around him, the others, not so much. He had everyone's names, but mainly cause he purposely overheard them at the bank, and he wasn't sure how many of them heard his name when he said it to Yorozu. He thought that it was interesting how only one of them has said their name to another, no one really needed to, considering the fact none of them knew how long they'd be together, and there would be no point in trying to get everyone to reveal their names, since he already has them. He also knew three of them a bit more, the other three, not so much.

The girl, who goes by Eve, seems to be quiet and shy, but is she going to always be like that, or is it all just fear of not knowing what's going on that makes her like that, there was no way he could tell at this moment. Anzan seemed a little more loyal to people he befriends, he also has a bit of a leader vibe to him, but he doesn't seem like someone who could do something bad in some sort of way, which wasn't exactly bad, except for what was said earlier about needing to fight monsters. Jonathon was the last one he knew, but he didn't know all that much more about him than the other two. He was more of a wild card for a personality, though there were a few that wouldn't fit him, he seems to take the things going on a little lightly, he seems to be happy for what's going on, but then again, he doesn't know much about him like he does the others.

There seems to be more food stands laid about, but he didn't feel like checking any of them out, so he started walking to he Kebab stand, taking four copper coins out of his pouch. "If you all want, go search around for what you want to bite, meet up in front of the Kebab stand when your done so we can talk" he said to everyone. He bought a Kebab from Dory, walked a couple of steps away and started to eat the Kebab, waiting for everyone to finish their shopping.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am

Ryuko nodded to Deramoto smiling "Sounds like a good enough plan to me" she then looked at Daikan and said "Let's go see what we can find" Daikan looked to her and smiled too "Sure sounds good to me.. we'll catch you guys in a bit" and with that the two of them went off to go and explore the market, find some food and maybe get some information. Shortly into their shopping excursion they bumped into an interesting looking guy who took them to a decent food stall and started talking with them about things that they didn't know beforehand but were incredibly interesting and things to pass onto the group.

Anzan meanwhile having managed to be dragged away from the Yorozu bank with his coppers looked to Eve and after Daikan and Ryuko left he decided that he'd just chill out with Eve and Seishin "So then guys shall we grab something to eat?" he turned and approached the Kebab stall "May I have a kebab please" the merchant got the kebab and handed it to him Anzan passing the merchant his 4 copper fee "Thank you" he said stepping aside as he started to eat his kebab. Seishin went up next and said "May I please have the same" handing the merchant 4 coppers and getting a kebab in return "Thank you" Anzan then said to Eve "Here let me" passing the Merchant 4 coppers and the Merchant offering Eve a kebab "We're friends so don't worry about it, think of it as a payment for hanging around with me" Anzan remarked laughing a bit before going back to eating his own kebab.

Last edited by Anzantos on Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri May 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Jonathon shrugged as the others moved past him and he followed along. As the others spread out through the market place he bought himself a kebab, they seemed to be what people were getting and they looked pretty good. Setting the four copper on the counter he thanked the person on the other side as he took the kebab from them. "So, now that we've got food, what's next?" He noticed that Anzan had sort of latched onto the girl, eve, and sighed before turning to Deramoto. "So, seeing as those two keep making puppy dog eyes at each other, what do you think about all this? Our new boss said something about this job probably getting us killed. I don't know about you, but death isn't really on my agenda right now."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat May 14, 2016 4:02 am

(Argh, what, puppy dog eyes xD Mist, please.)
(Also, also. I may have advertised too zealously~ Which is good~ Reta, Gondo and Rei all wish to join. Provided each make a single character, we'll end up with 8. Now, the maximum members allowed for a party is 6, but I figured I could stretch it to 7. I theorize too large a party will not be 'mobile and adaptable'. What say to splitting to two groups of 4? That allows anyone another character or so if they wish. Mind, the bigger the party, the less each one earns because it will all be split. But the more you can take on, too. Each has its ups and down, which I'll be explaining below!)
(Everybody, please keep track of your money!)

Eve breathed a tiny sigh of relief when she succeeded pulling the persistent Anzan away, and as she was rummaging for coppers - which wasn't hard, seeing the state of her pouch - she was offered a kebab. She paused for a minute, before hesitantly taking the proffered food. While it was naturally to her advantage, receiving food without payment, the sentiment behind it was what made her hesitate. It made her feel obliged, especially as Anzan was doing it out of friendship. "...Th-Thank you." She quietly expressed her gratitude, and bit into the meat.

Delicious! The kebab was a burst of flavour and inexplicably juicy. It was rather filling, leaving no room for contemplation of having another. While she ate, she looked around at her new company. Looking at Jonathan - much like the other's, she had overheard everyone's name during the opening of their account - she noted a sort of kindred spirit in their shyness, though his comment was not making it any easier for her to like him. Her gaze shifted to Deramoto; it was difficult to judge people, especially when you haven't been with them for very long. Turning to perceive Seishin out of the corner of her eye, she idly realized they were an odd ragtag bunch. Most of them seemed quiet, like her. All the others had formed their own groups and left; so they were the leftovers? She cleared her throat; no need to think of such things.

"Look, while I was away, I gathered some information. I thought I might as well share it. Firstly, while I haven't explicitly read or confirmed this, based on intuition, I believe I might be able to divulge further into what we are meant to do," Funny. She just used the word 'we'. Had she already considered this party to be her friends and allies, who she would rely on to stay alive? "Here on the frontier, we humans clash with the other races, and there are lots, and I mean lots, of things we call monsters. The frontier army’s job is to kill those monsters and protect our borders. But to be honest, it’s not an easy job. The frontier army has their hands full just maintaining Altana as a forward base. That’s where we, the reserve force, come in."

"Actually, we’re a part of the regular frontier army. Protecting the border isn’t just about defending. Expeditions are sent out to hit our enemies where they lurk. However, these small-scale operations aren’t for something the size of the regular army. Moving such a big force requires planning and preparation of logistics, supply lines, and such. That’s where we’re different. We’re mobile and adaptable. We scout, infiltrate, hit and run. We weaken the enemy’s ability to fight. Even if we were to cooperate with the regular army, we wouldn’t employ the same tactics. We’re organized in small groups of about 3 to 6 people per group and each group uses their own wits, ability to collect information, and judgment when taking on enemies. This is what we, the reserve force Crimson Moon, do and how we operate."

Eve took a deep breath and continued. "In Altana, there are organizations consisting of people who work in the same profession, called guilds. The Blacksmiths Guild, Carpenters Guild, Masons Guild, Chefs Guild, and so forth. Additionally, there is the Warriors Guild, Mages Guild, Paladins and Priests Guild, Hunters Guild, Dread Knights Guild, and finally the Thieves Guild.

The guild protect an individual’s rights, offer a place to learn the trade, and guild members offer mutual protection for each other. Those who want to pursue work in a given profession within Altana must join the related guild. Anyone attempting to enter a trade without becoming a guild member would soon find their businesses purposely impeded upon by the guild. And because everyone knew about this consequence, no one does business with those who operate outside of a guild anyway.

Having two professions is frowned upon, but even though this is a rather severe restriction, the guild also puts effort into fostering younger generations of members. Once one becomes a guild member, the guild would also teach them the craft. In reality, there was no other way to learn the skills and techniques required of a profession without joining the guild.

Of course, it isn’t about simply being listed as a member. All members have to abide by established rules and regulations or risk being penalized."

Of course, joining a guild wasn’t simply just about applying for membership. Payment was necessary to join any guild, and on some sort of previous agreement the fee was the same across all guilds. Newly inducted members into any of the guilds were also required to make it through a demanding 7-day crash course on the basics of the trade.

Eve wiped off her hands - huh? She had a handkerchief? - and turned to the others. "That's all I've figured so far." She held up a red coin-like object, which portrayed a crescent moon in relief. "This will serve as identification, and a symbol that you are a Crimson Moon trainee. This will be the only proof that you are a trainee, so don’t lose it. Well, holding onto it all the time isn’t a good idea either, but anyway, when you have the means to purchase your service contract for twenty silvers then you’ll become a full-fledged Crimson Moon member with all related privileges and distinctions."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Sat May 14, 2016 2:43 pm

(92 Coppers in possession, 99 Coppers in bank, 8 Silvers in possession)
(Confuzzled by party stuff now we have soooo many peeps xD)

Anzan smiled "No probs" he replied to Eve's thanks. Anzan's eyebrow raised slowly towards Jonathon's comment "Also what do you mean puppy dog eyes? I'm just being friendly so I haven't got a clue what you're talking about" he'd overheard his hearing tending to be pretty good, before listening intently; whilst eating; to Eve explain what she'd learned, it all seemed rather interesting and pretty important information "That moron Brit sending us out here with only half the information" he frowned clearly irritated by how things operated in this place. Seishin quickly said "C.. Calm down he is our.. Commander.. after all" Anzan shrugging "I guess but he ain't gonna get called that by me, anyway I think I might actually be interested in being a thief" he looked to those in and around his group before continuing "It just seems to be something I'm drawn to plus I feel kinda suited to it" he thought for a second "Eve does your info by any chance tell us where these guilds are if we're supposedly meant to sign up?" he asked curiously.

Seishin thought for a second whilst Anzan spoke before quietly saying "I think I'd like to be a Priest... I'm really not a fighter and... would prefer just making sure you're all safe" Anzan looked to him having asked about the Guild locations and grinned "Sounds great man it'll be awesome to have you on board. I mean we are a party.. Aren't we?" looking to Eve and Seishin, knowing that Eve knew more about, pretty much everything so far, it seemed a pretty safe bet to ask her these such questions and things.

Last edited by Anzantos on Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Sat May 14, 2016 8:20 pm

(Eve looks at Deramoto and has no clue about him, Deramoto on the other hand has a good clue on pretty much the whole group XD)

Upon hearing the comment from Jonathon, he made a quick response about it "I wouldn't say they are making puppy dog eyes at each other, and I guess I'm okay about the whole ordeal, I mean, not like we have a choice in the matter." He wasn't sure if he should've said that Anzan was only trying to break Eve out of her shell, and if it hadn't been for Anzan, he would've tried to if no one else did, but he decided to just have it remain in his thoughts.

He quickly finished up his kebab as he listened to Eve talk about all the information she's learned, and by the end of it, he thought for a second of what to say "So, essentially we were brought to Grimgar to be decoys and sacrifice our lives just so the people here can live longer... but they allow us to join a guild to get even better at this so we actually have a chance... that's good to know." With knowing that this is what he was brought here to do, he might as well do it, he can't go back to wherever he came from, and he can't do nothing, so it is fighting that he will be doing for the rest of his life.

He thought of what to do when he heard Anzan say something about being a party, he wasn't sure why they had to be in a group, he was sure there are few that work a lot better alone, himself probably being one, but this new world is dangerous, so he soon realized why they would need a group, but he still didn't like the idea. "Alright, I'm in if you guys want me to be, but I'm not 100% on a guild yet... I might take hunter however." he says.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat May 14, 2016 11:45 pm

(Argh, am I really that hard to understand?! xD Look, Kitty-senpai included, we become 8 people, whereas the max in a group is 6. So what say to splitting to two groups? (If not, just tweak the rules :P))

Eve turned to Anzan, "Unfortunately, no. For that, you'll have to ask around." She was sure somebody would know the answers, other members of the Army, if no one else. She overheard what Deramoto said, and after a pause, turned to him too. This business of being the center of attention was bothering her. "I don't think we were brought here..." Though she said so, she doubted her own words. She had no proof and no way of finding out if what she said was true or false. That bothered her too.

She contemplated the question of whether they were a party or not, but seeing that the question wasn't directed only towards her, she practiced discretion by staying silent. Besides, they must have a function besides being meat shields for the people of Altana. Heh, function, meat shield. She wasn't sure she even knew what she was thinking.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon May 16, 2016 8:25 am

Jonathon listened to the explanation and nodded. "I guess I'm in, I already took the payment. Plus, I'm sure I could figure out what I'm supposed to do with this." He held up his hand and focused, calling forth the strange energy around it again before quickly shaking it off. "I guess that makes me the mage for the group...I'm still not quite sure how this whole magic thing really works, but it looks like I'm the only one that can do this." He sighed and looked around the rest of the group. "Well, I guess I just signed my death warrant. Let's go get our first job."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Mon May 16, 2016 1:59 pm

"We weren't? You could've fooled me" Deramoto said in response to Eve's response, it may have came across a rude but, he wasn't sure he could believe what she said, and he didn't want anyone else to believe that they weren't, it just didn't make any sense. He waited to hear others opinions on whether they are willing to join, it seemed like so far it's Jonathon, Anzan, and himself, while the others, Eve and Seishin, has yet to answer, and Ryuko and Daikan has yet to return as well. "We may be missing some people it seems..." he decides to say
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by youarereta Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

(Hey everybody, I'm excited to be RP'ing with you all again! I should warn you that I am a bit rusty though so please stick with me! Also, as far as that vote goes I think we should stick together with our slightly larger than normal party :>)
Lautrec had been on his way home to the small, dusty shed that he called his temporary abode when he happened to hear the woes of a group. While he himself had only found himself thrown into this world the day before yesterday he had taken the time since then to do his research. When he heard the confusion among the group as to where to find guilds his ears perked, his feet planting into the ground causing him to teeter forward with the left over energy of his step. He swiveled his feet to face the group and quickly closed the ten foot gap with a few hearty strides before weaseling himself just on the outskirt of this herd. He quickly cleared his throat to as to interrupt in the most innocent way he could. With a pseudo smile plastered across his face he gave the group an arching wave as he introduced himself.
"It's a pleasure to meet you all, the names Lautrec, but for brevity's sake please just call me Law."
He paused and scanned the faces of the people in front of him, just as he expected, all of them seemed decently younger than him. This news was not shocking to him; in the couple of days that he had been there Lautrec had scarcely seen a face around his age, yet despite this the people of the town all carried a thick sense of maturity about them.
"Ah." He started again. "I'm sorry, I hope I'm not disturbing anything too important, I just couldn't help but overhear your quarrel. As for those Guilds they seem to be scattered fairly randomly around the town, however I think I've managed to gather their general locations at least. In fact, the Cleric's Guild is only a few streets down." He waved an underhanded finger down the road they were on. "I'm in no hurry with my daily duties, so if I can help you all out in any way then please, don't hesitate to rely on me." He moved his previously waving hand to a loose pointed state on his chest to gesture to himself, flashing another smile in hopes of pressing in his sincerity.

youarereta
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzantos Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 am

(Yeah Strength in numbers and that we'll just stick together + Though the cut of money will be smaller we can get more jobs done quicker with a larger squad and coordinated we can be quite effective)

First Anzan tilted his head a little bit confused at Eve's comment on how they `Weren't brought here` disagreeing as he was sure they weren't here `voluntarily` from wherever they came from; though in an attempt to not bring about arguments he just kept quiet. Anzan looked to Jonathon and noticed he hadn't mentioned their disgruntled replies to his `Puppy dog eyes` comment, he then said "Get our first job? Are you even paying attention man we gotta join our guilds first, Just saying that you join it isn't enough" he then looked to Deramoto and Eve and said "Yeah I'd say we're a party I mean we all seem pretty good so far provided everyone else feels the same; and I honestly have no idea where Ryuko and Daikan got to, I know they went off to look for food and stuff" Seishin looked around to see if he could spot them but couldn't find anything he then said "I agree... we all seem to be the same.. at least in our thoughts on this" Anzan smiled at his awkwardness happy he was starting to speak up a bit more and hoping that at some point he may get over his shy pausing, if he could help his friend he would.

Then Laurtec turned up from seemingly nowhere and made himself known with the classic throat clear, before telling them who he was; not that anyone asked but friendliness was always welcome; he seemed clearly older than the group and probably even older than Daikan and Ryuko. "Cleric's Guild?" Anzan said confused with this term though perhaps it was an alternative name for one of the aforementioned guilds. When Law said something about his daily duties it half-peaked Anzan's interest "What daily duties do you have?" he asked wondering if it was something they'd have to start doing if they were to stay in this world. Seishin clocked onto something speaking up "If we are to.. live here.. for the foreseeable.. where will we stay?" the question seeming to him at least rather important to sort out, as soon as possible.

(We'll bump into Daikan and Ryuko again on the way to the `Cleric's` Guild (Priest) and dropping Seishin off as Daikan is also gonna be a Priest for his party, then they can reveal where some of the precise locations of other guilds are that they've learned from their party leader)
Anzantos
Anzantos
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 am

(Alright, party it is! Since roughly half is for it (as Poochy and Mark(crud, Archives brought this to my notice xP) Mist didn't say anything xD))
(The Guild provides housing and meals, so there's our money saved xD)

Eve turned to Deramoto, staring at him questioningly as he voiced a retort to her statement - it came of as quick and curt. However, the girl paid more attention to the actual content of the words rather than the tone. Once again, she remained silent, this time for lack of an answer. She swirled about as Lautrec appeared suddenly - very randomly and somewhat suspiciously, but she had been assured Altana folks were friendly - and introducing himself, cleared up some doubts. However, Eve's remained. She had not been as surprised as she had thought she should have been; had she turned psychic? It wasn't as though she had been expecting him so much as vaguely acknowledging the fact that he could have come. Still, it was vague, and she brushed it off.

"Excuse me...you all are Crimson Moon trainees, yes?" The pot-bellied man at the Kebab stall spoke up. Eve held up her badge, confirming his question. "Accommodation is usually available around here for 40-50 coppers per person, per day. However, three streets past Tenborou Tower is a place for Crimson Moon trainees that's 10 coppers per room per day. You can stay there for free if you're a reserve force member." Eve looked down the aforementioned street, nodding and quietly thanking him.

"A Cleric is a Priest...right?" She turned to the rest of the group. "It's considered one of the two classes no party can do without, the other being a Warrior. If we are forming a party, we should segregate roles." It would be to their advantage to know for sure who would be what, instead of them all running off to their own tune. "I...would like to take the Hunter's role. Having a wolf companion appeals to me." She stated matter-of-factly. She knew Deramoto had spoken in favour of Hunter too, but there had been no knowledge of having only a single Hunter per party. "Mind, a party can only have one Thief." She warned, casting a dubious eye towards Lautrec; was he part of the group too? Knowing Anzan's nature, he'd probably welcome the newcomer too, but in hindsight, was it not courtesy of him that they had formed an association already?

Last edited by MegaAbsol on Sat May 21, 2016 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Thu May 19, 2016 4:26 am

(Yo Mist, where are you? It's your turn to post and we've been waiting (I'm not posting till you do XD))
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next