Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of place, out of time[PLOT]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Out of place, out of time[PLOT] Empty Out of place, out of time[PLOT]

Post by Mistdrake Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Things still took a lot of adjusting for Jonathon. He'd gotten a pokemon, more like one found him. The swinub had bumped into him shortly after he woke up and had been following him ever since. It was nice to have a constant companion, even if it didn't really respond to him. "You don't know who I am, do you little guy." He said to his companion, the little ice type just started to dig in the snow, sniffing for something. "You're so helpful, you know that little guy." Jonathon said, chuckling as he made his way out of town and back to the water's edge. "How did I wind up here without anyone seeing anything?" He said to himself, looking down at the ice cold waves. "There's bound to be SOMEBODY that knows something about how I got here!"

Last edited by Mistdrake on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Out of place, out of time[PLOT] Empty Re: Out of place, out of time[PLOT]

Post by Avaritia Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Instead of somebody, Jonathon was met with something. Gently floating in the waters near his feet was a drifting Magikarp that peered toward him with genuine curiosity. Unlike others of its species, this one held some spark of intellect and genuine interest in the world around it. The cold, harsh waters and the snowy beach were rarely visited by humans and it often became boring to those that inhabited them. Of course, there was more than just a silly fish longing for more of a world. This particular Magikarp knew of the spirit that lived in the nearby, hidden lake, and that something was off about the human that wandered near the ocean waves.

The fish had seen it himself, the way the boy had suddenly appeared. There was nothing, and then there was him. Alone in the waters, with nothing but a curious fish to notice. Of course, Magikarp were oft overlooked and he had no way of speaking out toward the human nor could his voice carry comprehensively outside of the water for the digging Pokemon to hear. It was fate's cruel joke, a silent answer to one of Jonathon's biggest questions. But what had brought the boy there? Out of nothing, the fish knew not. And that nagging interest drove its curiosity, greatly so. But all he could do was sit beneath the lapping waves, staring toward Jonathon and his Pokemon with his dull eyes...
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

https://pokemongenesis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:27 pm

"Really? Really. This is what I get. Is this some joke to you!" Jonathon yelled up to the sky above and whatever large heavenly llama creature was up there. Had he any knowledge of his past, Jonathon would've realized the irony of that situation seeing as that same divine llama was the same thing that directly led to him being here. "Is this really all I get, one little magikarp." Jonathon let out a long sigh and took a cautious step towards the water, kneeling down to get closer to the fish. "Someone or something brought me here, and I think you want answers too, or you're just more confused then usual. Well, what do you say, wanna try to find answers together?" Swinub noticed his companion and scooted over next to him to glance over the coast at the large fish as well.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Jonathon's voice, despite his best intentions, could not carry well into the lapping water, and all Magikarp could tell was that the human's mouth was moving. It wasn't uncommon for fish to constantly be doing so, so he had assumed it as normal behavior for humans as well. He was a smart fish, not a cultured one. Then the human moved closer, and a spurt of surprise overwhelmed the fish. The human had noticed him! He swam closer as Jonathon crouched and watched the sputtering of the human's mouth with deaf ears. His dull eyes could only continue to stare and watch the other Pokemon approach. He swam in small circles, trying to maintain the attention despite the language and understanding gap. Doing so occasionally caused a small bit of water to splash up and hit Jonathon with an icy cold droplet as the large tail of the fish went by. He did want answers, but hadn't known the question was even asked, thus giving little to no indication of an answer.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:04 am

Jonathon spat out the cold, salty water that landed in his mouth and sighed again. "Gah this is useless!" He said, slamming his fist into the snow and quickly pulling it out and wiping it off on his pant leg when he remembered he hadn't gotten gloves. "Alright, it's clear you can't understand me, but let's try something else." He reached to the back of his belt and grabbed one of his empty pokeballs. "Just poke your face into it and I'll take you with me. Travel the world and see parts unknown and figure out exactly how I got here." He smiled at the fish as he held the pokeball out, keeping a tight grasp on it so as not to drop it. Swinub inched a bit closer, poking his nose over the edge of the sea wall.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:39 pm

The fish watched him move, interested. Why was this human still here, did he actually find acknowledgement in a lone Magikarp? It seemed so... the creature recognized the object that the human had taken from his belt. He had watched it before. Bigger, better Pokemon finding a partnership with a human through the metallic object. It was a strange device, and the Pokemon couldn't quite wrap its mind around it. How did it work? What were its effects? He needed to know. To know more about the human, to understand the world. He could do it, he could learn.

The human held the object out toward him, and Magikarp understood. He swam closer, inspected it for a moment. The glean of metal, its technological design. The button resting near its core. "I will learn my answers," he said in his own tongue, though it wouldn't carry from beyond under the water and fall silent to Jonathon's ears. Simply a fish moving its lips. He raised his head above water and pressed the top of it to the center of the Pokeball, getting sucked inside in the process. It wasn't long before the shaking ceased, signifying that the Pokemon was captured.

Magikarp was caught! Would you like to give him a nickname?
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:11 pm

"Well, now I've got another pokemon to travel with." Jonathon said, hooking the pokeball to the side of his belt and standing up. "No point in staying here, let's head back to the inn Swinub." He said, looking down at his companion. The two made their way up the steps and into two, trudging through the deep parts and making their way to the inn. He plopped down in a chair by the fire place, not wanting to go upstairs yet. He took in the warmth as it melted and dried the snow on his pants. He picked up swinub and let the pokemon rest on the arm rest for a while.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Not long after Jonathon settled down did a tired eyed, weary looking man who looked to be only a little older than Jonathon do the same. He slumped into the chair across from the trainer and his Swinub with a long sigh. He had an unlit cigarette lightly gripped between two teeth and eyes of a strange, violet hue. His hair was a light blond color and it was pulled back into a messy ponytail, which ended its length at the crook of his shoulder blades. He was pale, but all except his face were obscured by a large black jacket that he kept wearing despite the warmth of the fire.

"Yo," he greeted Jonathon with a slight nod of his head. He himself was now slouched in his chair, sprawled in it with his arms and legs spread uncaring as if he owned it. "I like your Swinub," he followed up the greeting, "it's cute. I like cute. What's your name, kid?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Jonathon was bit thrown off by the man. This guy didn't strike Jonathon as the type to casually describe something as cute like that. "Oh, uh, thanks..." He said, glancing at his swinub who had fallen asleep on the chair and was snoring quietly. "I'm sure he'd appreciate the compliment were he awake. The names Jonathon. And you are?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:44 pm

"My name's Kit," the man replied, "but I prefer Nox, if you don't mind." He rolled the cigarette in his mouth as he spoke, moving its end to rest between two of his back molars. He fished a lighter out of one of his pockets and flicked it on and off, as if debating whether to light the stick or not. Deciding against doing so indoors in a public place, he just continued to flick it. "Listen, kid, this is probably weird coming from a stranger, but you seem pretty nice and well-meaning. I've got a favor to ask if you don't mind lending an ear." He looked toward Jonathon, cocking his head to the side. "What'dya say? You want to hear me out?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:35 am

"Alright then...Nox." Jonathon said, still unsure about how he thought of this guy. "It's nice to meet you then." When Nox mentioned something about a plan, Jonathon felt himself begin to tense up. Not just because this stranger had presented him with this plan, but because his body was remembering...something. Jonathon didn't know why or how, but something about this situation was putting his whole body on edge and he didn't know why. Wanting to find out more, both about what was making him feel this way and what the stranger had in mind, Jonathon leaned forward. "Alright then Nox, what do you have in mind?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:16 pm

"Thanks for giving me a chance," Nox said, beaming. "Lot of people 'round here judge based on my appearance... which is actually why I'm here. Y'see, I promised someone that I'd help them go out and find something they lost. I was happy to help them myself until, well, they mentioned it was around the north side of town. There's a gang around there that doesn't like me very much. Not my fault, they picked a fight and I fought back. Needless to say, I'm not makin' it very far around there without someone starting a brawl." He stopped fiddling with his lighter, pocketing it.

"I just need a distraction, someone to keep 'em busy long enough to sneak by and get the item. Yer a new face, they won't hurt you. You're too clean for their tastes. So, hows about helping a guy out?" He seemed genuinely hopeful, and even his rugged appearance softened after getting his plea heard.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 am

Jonathon eyed the man some more. Part of him wanted to say no and just storm out. Another part of him however, wanted to say yes. Something about this offer was enticing to him and he couldn't place a finger on it. The way Nox described it, the job would be easy and safe, and who knew, it could be worth Jonathon's while in the long run. "Alright Nox, I'll do it. When is this going down?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

"Woo! Thanks man," Nox said, pumping his fist into the air in celebration. He glanced around, as if to make sure no one else was listening in on the conversation. "I want to get it done just at dawn. Late enough for their guards to be down, but not too dark for me to go stumblin' around searching the darkness. I guess once the sun starts setting, whenever you're ready to get goin'." He said. "Thanks again, kid, means a lot." He stood, "Guess I'm going ta take care of this," he flicked the cigarette with his tongue, showing what he was referencing. "It's been a tease for too long. We meet here in a few, then?"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm

As Nox ran off to smoke Jonathon nodded. "Yeah, I'll be here." He sighed as the other man left and Jonathon sank into the chair. "What've I gotten myself into Swinub, I'm about to go distract a gang for a stranger." Swinub continued to nap and didn't hear what his trainer had to say. Jonathon let out another sigh and reached forward, grabbing a book from a small coffee table. "I guess I'll read something while I wait for him to get back then.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:31 am

The book wasn't as thick as most, and its dusty cover showed that it wasn't particularly loved. Then again, most decorative books at inns were often overlooked and discarded to rot away. The thick layer of dust wasn't enough to obscure the cover, though, it hadn't been sitting on the table for eternity, after all. It was titled The Mysteries of Pokemon and could prove to be an interesting read. If Jonathon decided to do so, it would be revealed as a book of poetry, some complex, others simple. Most were centered around the interesting features and abilities Pokemon possessed, and it went from an A to Z fashion, covering most all Pokemon in the Sinnoh region, even the Legendaries. If there was a specific poem that caught his eye, he could inspect it closer. Despite the abandoned placement, the book itself was in rather well condition.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:30 am

Jonathon flipped through the book, glancing over the entries, but he stopped when he hit G. Staring back at him was a shadowy creature with piercing red eyes. Giritina. Jonathon almost threw the book down but at the same time, he couldn't stop staring at this one page. Something about this creature was making him both afraid and angry at the same time. It was as if he'd seen this creature before, but that was impossible. It was just a legend, something parents used to scare their children. Wasn't it?
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:28 pm

He watches all, needs them all.
Faded to darkness, banished.
He watches no more, needs no more.
The darkness consumes, vanquished.
He watches helpless, becomes helpless.
The darkness corrupts, distorted.
He watches distortion, becomes distortion.
The darkness feeds, completed.

It was a shorter poem, compared to some of the others, but it didn't share a tone with the rest. Most were silly, full of rhyme or limerick. This one flowed, yes, but none of the humor or typical elements from the rest of the poems were present. All in all, though, they were just words on a page. No indication of a looming beast behind him, no fearsome dragon seeking to destroy them all. Just a book, displaying a poem.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:02 pm

Despite the act that it was just some short poem, it still shook Jonathon to his core. Throwing the book down he stood up quickly, spooking his poor swinub. "Sorry little guy..." He muttered, picking up the pokemon from where it had fallen from the chair. The swinub made a small racket, but some soothing petting from Jonathon worked to calm him down. "I don't know why, but that one poem it just...Something about it...I can't explain..." He muttered, sitting back down, holding his swinub. "When's Nox getting back?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:16 am

Jonathon had spent a decent amount of time trying to waste it, but not enough had passed to encourage Nox to reappear quite yet. There were still plenty of means to pass the time, even in the rather uneventful inn. In fact, just as Jonathon was wondering what to do next, something appeared to him... quite literally! In a puff of smoke, a Xatu was suddenly in front of him, peering up at him with unblinking and serious eyes. You... it trailed off I have finally found you... don't listen. it said with a somber, telepathic voice. As if to make sure the message was clear, it repeated the last two words of the warning. Don't listen. Then, with a start, its head snapped toward an invisible foe as it quickly disappeared once more just as fast as it had appeared.

What was left in its wake almost seemed normal... except that somehow many hours had passed with just a quick, simple exchange. It was almost as if time itself was altered when the message was given, or there was some psychic alteration to make Jonathon forget the last few hours... not that his memory had the greatest track record, anyway. It was the perfect time for Nox, with a sullen expression, to step through the door. "Yo," he greeted Jonathon with a nod, "you didn't need to wait out here for me, though I appreciate it," he yawned, "you ready to head out? I hafta say this means a lot, my friend's gonna be thrilled I managed to sneak past those dudes and get what they lost."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:50 am

Jonathon had no idea how, why, or where that Xatu had gotten there, but it had. The message was ominous and put Jonathon even more on edge. He didn't even have time to start wrapping his mind around the warning before Nox showed up. "Sorry, I didn't have much to do... I sort of passed out in the chair for a while." He said, covering the fact that he sat here the whole time. Jonathon was starting to not trust Nox, but it was too late now. "Yeah sure, lead the way and fill me in on what this lost thing is."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:17 pm

"A'ight," Nox replied, "an I could rest myself, honestly," he yawned, "maybe I shoulda taken a power nap too." He held open the door for Jonathon and waited for him to exit before picking up the pace and taking the lead. As he walked, he retrieved another cigarette from his jacket and his lighter. Lighting it, he inhaled deeply, exhaling a long drag of smoke afterwards. Doing so looked to calm any lingering nerves he had for the situation. "Well, kid, I made friends wi' a pretty cool dude. A little nuts, mind you, but he helped me out after I got jumped pretty good the other day. He told me that he couldn't get a tablet fro' the ruins just outside of town after he left it there... well, since he helped me an' all, I couldn't just ditch him, y'know?" he paused at the rhetorical question, taking another drag of his cigarette.

"I tried goin' myself, but I just went and ended up almost as bad as before. Needless to say, apparently I ain't welcome around there. He said it was near a statue or somethin', but I couldn't find it before they found me. Then again, I didn't even make it inside the temple," he chuckled, "I thought of sending Puff, my Pokemon, but she's, er," he paused, "she's something else... I didn't want her to hurt them guys. So I found you, instead."

Once his explanation was finished, he paused in the treeline just obscuring them from sight by the group that was apparently loitering around Snowpoint's temple. Although they'd been described as a gang, they were actually rather well dressed and proper looking. Many of their outfits were designer-labeled, and they all looked as if they'd fit in more hanging out at a lunch table together rather than ganging up on some hoodlum. Looks can be deceiving, though, so anything was possible. "All ya gotta do is draw their attention away," Nox said, "I'll get in the temple an' look for the tablet."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:43 pm

Jonathon just sort of listened, still trying to wrap his mind around what the xatu had said to him. As far as he was concerned, Nox had nothing interesting to say until he mentioned what he needed at the temple. "Wait." Jonathon said, stopping and letting Nox keep walking. "What tablet?" Jonathon felt his body tense as Swinub bumped into the back of his legs. "Nox, what are you trying to get and who are the people that don't want you to get it?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Nox could only really give a shrug as an answer. "I jus' know it's a tablet of some kind, didn't really ask for details m'self. I'm not the kinda guy to pry, y'know. Just payin' off a debt and doin' a favor. I don't really think those dudes are keepin' me from getting it. They just don't like me very much, even before I took on this job. It kinda hurts," he sighed, seeming genuine in his words, "not one word exchanged an' they just think I'm some sort of monster out to pillage Snowpoint's streets..." He actually looked visibly hurt. Despite the grungy exterior, all he'd shown through his words and actions so far had been someone who was genuinely nice. And he was alone, shunned by his peers. He had even mentioned keeping his Pokemon from hurting those that had hurt him. It probably wouldn't be an understatement to say that the fact that Jonathon actually listened was enough to make his day. "Guess you could ask 'em yourself if you'd like. We gotta hurry before it gets dark."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 am

Jonathon didn't like the vague answers he was given, but got the idea they were the only ones he was going to get. Somewhat begrudgingly, he followed along, Swinub slowly lagging along behind, feeling his trainer's annoyance. "Any advice to the people I have to distract then?" He asked as he saw the temple begin to poke through the trees. "And how long will I need to do it for? There's only so long I can ramble before they'd start to get bored of me or figure out what's going on."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next